379 Beresford Avenue | West Toronto - Bloor West Village
First offering in 50 years of well-loved family home on spectacular 34 x 160 foot property. Rare opportunity! One of the original homes in the area, complete with horse and carriage barn, private drive and lush mature extensive gardens. Wonderful opportunity for a Bloor West Village family to move up to their “forever” home. 3 storey character home with gumwood and oak woodwork & trim.
Superior Bloor West Village Setting!
- First offering in 50 years of well-loved family home on spectacular 34 x 160 foot property. Rare opportunity!
- One of the original homes in the area, complete with horse and carriage barn, private drive and lush mature extensive gardens.
- Wonderful opportunity for a Bloor West Village family to move up to their “forever” home.
- 3 storey character home with gumwood and oak woodwork & trim. 6 bedrooms, main floor breakfast room finished basement with numerous updates and mechanical upgrades.
- Family friendly tight knit community with Beresford Park just a few doors away! Walk to public, French Immersion & Catholic schools & local library.
- It is one of the largest homes on one of the largest lots on sought after street in Bloor West Village.
- Remarkable combination of location , price & uniqueness offers incredible value for the discerning buyer.
- Bloor West Village is recognized as one of Toronto’s premier family neighbourhoods.
- Prime location one block west of Runnymede, south of Ardagh, two blocks north of Bloor. Enjoy the neighbourhood park on your doorstep with lots of fun for kids and dogs in Beresford Park.
- Bloor Street West with its European ambience is a diverse mix of popular restaurants & gourmet stores mixed in with fruit markets, ethnic delis, coffee shops & a range of businesses.
- Enjoy the verdant streets and neighbourhood parks with the advantage of easy access to High Park the jewel of the Toronto Parks system.
- Nearby to The Junction, The Kingsway & Roncesvalles Village.
- Big advantage of being in the Runnymede Jr & Sr Public School and Humberside Collegiate school catchment area.
- Go green – lots of TTC and public transit routes connecting via Bloor-Danforth subway line – walk to Runnymede station. Alternatively bike downtown or around the neighbourhood.
- For convenience when driving it is a quick trip downtown, Hwy 400, to the Gardiner, the QEW and the Airport.
- 379 Beresford Avenue has been loved by the same owners since 1960 and is ideal for a growing family who can move in and reno over time. They will have the chance to live in it, renovate, add on and make it their own.
- Exceptional BWV convenience of huge lot with private drive , and an oversized detached home for the area with 6 bedrooms and full third floor.
- Enter from large covered wood front porch into roomy original oak trimmed foyer with closet and beautiful wood staircase.
- Main floor living space includes gracious formal living and dining rooms separated by original French bevelled glass pocket doors. Dining room highlighted by lovely gumwood waincotting to plate rail. Lots of room for entertaining. Oiled original hardwood floors throughout.
- Bright and updated white country kitchen includes computer nook & storage, plus plenty of counter space for meal prep. Sunny all season breakfast room walks out to the wrap around party deck & glorious fenced yard for barbecuing & family time.
- Second floor includes master with matching bay window as living room, two additional bedrooms plus fourth arts and crafts room with very pretty walkout to old fashioned covered balcony. Completed by updated bath & hardwood floors.
- Lovely third floor is architecturally attractive – complete with two large bedrooms and separate sitting area between with opportunity to add bathroom as water line is already there. Versatile space could be kids floor hideaway (or maybe parents!), also happily space for home office or gym . Hardwood floors throughout.
- Finished Lower level with separate side entrance offers jewel stone floors, foyer with cedar closet, recreation room, plus spacious 5 piece modern bath, laundry area and utility room. Potential in-law suite?
- Distinctive 34 x 160 foot lot with private drive leads to two storey detached garage which was original barn on property housing horses and carriages. Driveway offers extensive parking for family or guests.
- Indulge a passion for gardening in this expansive well-established mature garden highlighted by lilies, perennials, pussy willow and apricot trees.
- Entire home was rewired in 2004 – no knob & tube!
- Being sold in “as is, where is” condition the excellent location, potential and price create rare prospect in this outstanding Bloor West Village home.
Offered at $848,000.
Schools available for residents of 379 Beresford Avenue
Check for your house number!
|Former Municipality||Street Name||Street Number Range||Elementary||Intermediate||Secondary||Technical Programs||Commercial Programs|
|Toronto||Beresford Ave||1-155(Odd)||Swansea Jr & Sr PS||Swansea Jr & Sr PS||Humberside CI||Western Tech||Western Tech|
|Toronto||Beresford Ave||4-130(Even)||Swansea Jr & Sr PS||Swansea Jr & Sr PS||Humberside CI||Western Tech||Western Tech|
|Toronto||Beresford Ave||253-515(Odd)||Runnymede Jr & Sr PS||Runnymede Jr & Sr PS||Humberside CI||Western Tech||Western Tech|
|Toronto||Beresford Ave||254-528(Even)||Runnymede Jr & Sr PS||Runnymede Jr & Sr PS||Humberside CI||Western Tech||Western Tech|
|York||Beresford Ave||533-681(Odd)||King George Jr PS||Humbercrest PS||Runnymede CI */ George Harvey CI */ Western Tech||Western Tech */ George Harvey CI|
|York||Beresford Ave||538-700(Even)||King George Jr PS||Humbercrest PS||Runnymede CI||George Harvey CI */ Western Tech|