Quick and Easy Showing Tips
The first impressions a potential buyer will experience involve sight, smell, sound and feel. It is important to appeal to as many senses as possible, as often buyers are not able to see past the cosmetic features to the excellent qualities your home may possess.
Please check that these are done before any showings:
- Drapes open
- Lights left on (as many as possible)
- Clutter concealed in out-of-the-way places (try putting loose clothes & toys into a plastic bin, then
- putting the bin under the bed)
- Display pictures of the garden in bloom
- Kitty litter scooped & odour free
- Fresh air (potpourri/fresh flowers/air sponge)
- No cooking smells (fish, curry, garlic)
- Baking smells/fresh baked cookies/coffee brewing
- Stairways clear of objects
- Classical or light jazz music playing (96.3 fm or 91.0 fm)
- Television off (poses a distraction)
- Barking dogs/noisy pets out of the way
- Bathroom & fixtures sparkling
Other Showing Tips:
- Buyers and REALTORS® are busy. The less flexible you are with your showing schedule, the fewer buyers will look at your home.
- Take any intimidating animals for a walk or out of the property.
- Take a walk yourself during showings, as most buyers feel more at ease when they can wander through and discover the home on their own, without being seen or heard.
- Never apologize for the appearance of your home if you haven't covered all these bases – it will only call attention to the condition of your home.
- We will put signs up around your home to highlight any postive traits that might not easily be seen as well as caution potential buyers such as 'Watch your Head' if there is a low ceiling or advising them of a step.
- Please let us know about any potential hazards in your home.