262 Gledhill Avenue | Toronto - DanforthSold
Renovated, Sun-Filled Semi!
Trendy, updated and spacious semi conveniently located across the street from DA Morrison Middle School and playground. Fantastic opportunity to own a move-in ready home in a premium pocket of East York!
Bright, open-concept main floor plan with a walk-out to the back tiered deck and private garden. 2 large bedrooms, renovated baths and a finished lower level with a separate entrance, and recreation room (could easily be used as a guest room)
Why settle for a condo when you can own a house? Easy decision! Enjoy the extra privacy, your own front door and the luxury of entertaining in an enclosed yard. In Toronto, houses appreciate much faster than condos! A fantastic opportunity for a multitude of buyer; singles, couples, young families, or down-sizers!
Great community spirit with friendly neighbours, close to many fabulous parks and recreation, transit, restaurants and shops!
Features Inside & Out!
- Sun-drenched living/dining room with beautiful hardwood floors. Great space for entertaining.
- Host kitchen parties! Modern design, ample cupboard/counter space and a breakfast bar for casual dining & drinks with friends.
- Sliding glass doors walk out to the tiered back deck and garden from the kitchen. A great extension of outdoor living space to enjoy barbecuing and summer fun.
- Large master bedroom sanctuary has an abundance of closet space! Custom walk-in closet, broadloom and sliding glass doors to your private deck overlooking the backyard. A tranquil spot to enjoy a good book and glass of wine!
- Good-sized 2nd bedroom has pretty picture windows overlooking the front yard, broadloom and a double closet.
- 4-piece lavish family bath has an elegant vanity, separate glass-enclosed shower and soaker tub.
- Finished lower level with separate entrance is that extra amount of space that everybody wants/needs. There is a recreation room/additional bedroom, 3-piece bath with enclosed shower and large laundry/storage room.
- Fully fenced backyard provides optimal privacy and a secure spot to let your dogs roam, kids play or enjoy drinks and al fresco dining with friends.
- Plenty of street permit parking available.
Get in while you can!! This east-end pocket with it's easy access to both Woodbine and Main Subway Stations as well as the Danforth GO station make it highly desirable. New restaurants and bakeries are opening up along with the unique boutique condo development "Carmelina" at Woodbine and Danforth incorporating leading edge features in green, environmentally friendly design. It's only a matter of time before Starbucks shows its face of gentrification...(though of course the independents will always be better:) The neighbourhood also has an exceptionally strong BIA working hard to energize the area.
Located in a quiet pocket just north of Danforth Avenue and east of Woodbine Avenue, a convenient location in this family friendly neighbourhood of East York!
Enjoy all the local shopping & variety of restaurants along the Danforth. There is a diverse mix of Mom & Pop grocery stores, fruit & veggie markets and some of the best bakeries!
Recreational activities abound! Stan Wadlow Park off Cosburn Avenue features five baseball diamonds and a batting cage, two outdoor swimming pools , a handball wall and picnic areas. It also serves as an access point to Taylor Creek Park, part of a nine kilometre paved trail that is ideal for nature walks, jogging and cycling.
Adjacent to Stan Wadlow Park is the East York Memorial Arena which provides recreational and hockey league programs as well as public skating . Across the street from Stan Wadlow Park is the East York Curling Club. The Dieppe Park Sports Complex at Greenwood and Cosburn has an outdoor ice rink, sports fields and a baseball diamond.
Tennis anyone? East York Tennis Club on Roosevelt Road, Dentonia Park Tennis Club off Dawes road and East York Collegiate have multiple courts for all you tennis enthusiasts. The Dentonia Park Golf Course located off Victoria Park Avenue is a challenging eighteen hole public course with a moderately difficult rating.
The refurbished East York Community Centre at 1081 Pape Avenue has an indoor pool, a multi-purpose gymnasium, weight room and a small public library. The Secord Community Centre at 91 Barrington Avenue and the Terry Fox Community Centre at 2 Gledhill Avenue have gymnasiums as well as community meeting rooms.
Well-regarded schools include: Parkside Elementary School, DA Morrison Middle School (right across the street), the popular Danforth Collegiate and East York Collegiate. There are French programs available at RH MacGregor Elementary and La Mosaique School along with many Catholic and alternative schools.
Attention hospital workers! Convenient access to Toronto East General Hospital!
Transportation is a snap! Just a 15 minute walk to Woodbine Station on the Bloor-Danforth subway line. There is also a Go Train station at Danforth & Main.
Motorists can be in & out of the city in just minutes. Amazing access to the Don Mills entrance of the DVP off of O'Connor! Easy access to downtown, Lake Shore Blvd and Gardiner!
Upgrades & Improvements
* Improved water main to street
* Rebuilt deck
* Replaced upstairs carpet
* Replaced sliding doors to back deck on main floor and master bedroom deck
* Central air conditioning
* Replaced eavestroughs
* Walk-in closet in master bedroom
Offered at $479,000