48 Fermanagh Avenue | West Toronto - Roncesvalles
This is the one you have been waiting for all summer! Original character blends with clever modern improvements. This 3 bedroom end of row (like a semi) includes remodelled kitchen & 2 full baths, fully finished lower level, 2 car parking and upgraded mechanicals. Priceless location in Roncesvalles Village – pretty tree-lined street in the middle of the action, half a block to Roncy or Sorauren Park! This trendy area has been voted as one of the best neighbourhoods to live in Toronto.
Renovated Charming Family Home in Prime Roncy!
This is the one you have been waiting for all summer! Original character blends with clever modern improvements. This 3 bedroom end of row (like a semi) includes remodelled kitchen & 2 full baths, fully finished lower level, 2 car parking and upgraded mechanicals.
Priceless location in Roncesvalles Village -- pretty tree-lined street in the middle of the action, half a block to Roncy or Sorauren Park! This trendy area has been voted as one of the best neighbourhoods to live in Toronto.
Features Inside & Out
- Fabulous curb appeal featuring an architectural turret and welcoming olde fashioned covered front porch .
- Entertain in the elegant principal rooms. Cozy wood-burning fireplace in the living room, stained glass windows, crown mouldings and tall original baseboards.
- Sun-filled dining room with a large bay window for hosting large dinner & holiday parties!
- The family sized renovated eat-in kitchen is the heart of the home. Complete with granite counters, new stainless steel appliances (2014) including a gas range for the chefs, centre island/breakfast bar with additional storage, rare oversized walk-in pantry, under cabinet lighting, ceramic tiled floors for easy cleanup and a separate walk-out to the stone patio and garden.
- Re-finished hardwood floors throughout the main floor (2014)
- Impressive master bedroom includes a large sunny south facing bay window.
- 2nd & 3rd bedrooms for kids or guests or home office include natural light and shelving/closet space.
- Recently renovated (2012) 4 piece main bath!Deep soaker style tub, rainhead showerwith thermostatic valve , custom built-in mirrored medicine cabinet, marble vanity and floors.
- Fully finished lower level (2013) with separate back entrance, great for children play room or could be a nice guest or nanny suite too!
- The open recreation room and den area has comfortable sub-flooring installed with Dri-Core to help keep floors toasty warm. Broadloom and pot lights throughout.
- Convenient separate laundry area.
- 3 piece bath has marble floors and a large walk-in shower with sitting area (2012).
- Attention handy Andy's! There is a large workshop with built-in shelving and bench area for all of your tools & supplies.
- Laneway access for 2 car parking. Including detached single car garage perfect for bikes, gardening tools and lawn equipment and a smaller car.
- Enjoy spending time in the enchanting, low maintenance back garden and flagstone patio with privacy fencing surround. Safe for dogs, kids and great for dining al fresco.
- Exceptionally wonderful next door neighbours & warm vibe make this an ideal home & 'hood' to live and raise your family. Enjoy the annual lane party!
As they say location location location! 48 Fermanagh Avenue is in a prime spot in the centre of the 'hood' west of Sorauren east of Roncesvalles. Even the proximity of being halfway up Roncesvalles helps to access all of the area amenities!
The vibrant neighbourhood of Roncesvalles Village is a mix of old world and gentrification. Family-friendly and blessed with excellent transportation routes plus a varied commercial shopping district, this area also boasts parkland & recreational opportunities within walking distance.
Enjoy the tree-lined streets, laneways for kids play, and the mix of ages & diverse backgrounds of the residents that enchant and delight all those who livehere!
Roncesvalles Avenue underwent years of construction to establish a show piece pedestrian/eco friendly boulevard a pioneering example for Toronto for safe TTC access and a thriving green space on a main city street. There is an active residence association working hard with the City to continually enhance the community.
Shopping a plenty! Variety of chic restaurants and gourmet stores rub elbows with traditional Polish delis, coffee shops, professional and personal care services, family businesses, churches & schools.
Stroll to such neighbourhood mainstays as Mitzi's Cafe, Qi Natural Foods, Scooter Girl, Dresser's, Pollocks Home Hardware, as well as Cherry Bomb, Rowe Farm, Revue Theatre, Fetch, The Chocolatieria, Mabel's, Hugh's Room and Sobeys (conveniently open till midnight!) and much more! Sorauren Park has an amazing Monday's farmer's market, a nd enjoy the highly touted new restaurants like Hopgoods Foodliner, Barque Smokehouse, Ace Restaurant & The Westerley! There is plenty of cool restaurants & shops on Queen West within reach as well.
Easy access to large scale stores near Dundas/Bloor including Loblaws, LCBO & Shoppers Drug Mart. Only a few blocks from the refurbished massive St. Joseph's Hospital
Attention families and dog owners! The entrance to the young children's' playground on the south west corner of Sorauren & Wabash is just a few doors down the street! **Sorauren Park**** is the neighbourhood gathering spot for **kids play, tennis, soccer league, an official enclosed off-leash dog area, the pumpkin patch after Halloween, an outdoor skating rink plus the Wabash Centre & new Town Square.
Fans of the great outdoors will appreciate being able to walk to High Park & the 399 acres of public parkland including an outdoor theatre, playgrounds, local zoo picnic grounds, lengthy off-leash areas, flower gardens a historic museum, and plenty of sports options. Easy access to Lake Ontario to cycle, blade, run or walk along The Martin Goodman Trail.
Desirable neighbourhood schools attracts many families with school age children -- Fern Avenue Jr & Sr PS, St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School, Parkdale Collegiate, High Park Alternative Jr., High Park Gardens Montessori School to name a few.
Go Green! Get downtown in minutes -- easy access to Dundas West/ TTC Subway on the Bloor-Danforth line. 20 minute walk to GO train station next door. The Airport train link will soon be open there as well. Streetcars on Roncy via Queen, King or Dundas take you straight downtown.
Get in and out of the city in minutes with easy access to Lakeshore Boulevard West and the Gardiner.
Upgrades & Improvements
* Sanded and refinished all the hardwood floors on the main level
* Professionally removed knob and tube and replaced all necessary wiring
* New stainless steel kitchen appliances
* Finished rest of basement. Added laundry room, work bench plus storage
* Replaced the entire flat roof and shingles
* Venting added to help heating & cooling circulation
* Completely gutted and renovated top floor bathroom
* Added bathroom in lower level
* Spray foam insulation in attic
* Installed new central air conditioning
* Replaced plaster ceilings in living and dining rooms with drywall
* Installed chandelier and pot lights
* New washer and dryer
Offered at $759,000.