Coming Soon - 51 Burlington Street | Toronto - New Toronto/MimicoSold
Picture Perfect Home! Fantastic opportunity to move into a classic Olde Mimico style detached, brick 2 storey, renovated charming home in a premium pocket of the city!
Friendly neighbourhood surrounded by excellent shopping, restaurants, schools, TTC, waterfront trails & the lake. Ideal home for a family looking to put down roots or an executive couple looking to live in a thriving location! Corner lot provides an extra wide & very spacious backyard.
An excellent floor plan for family living and entertaining! 3 bedrooms, 2 baths & 2 car private parking! A nice blend of old & new featuring many modern upgrades while maintaining character & charm throughout! Gorgeous solid oak trim, plate rails and mouldings!
A commuter's paradise! The Mimico GO Train station provides you with the convenience of being at Union Station in less than 15 minutes. 2 minute walk to the 24 hour 501 streetcar. Quick & easy access to the downtown core and vibrant waterfront location!
* Features Inside & Out***
* **Elegant main floor living/dining rooms feature rich dark coloured hardwood floors & original mouldings & trim.
* Rare 2 piece main floor powder room with slate floors & pot lighting.
* Spacious & renovated eat-in kitchen is a delectable delight! Hardwood floors, stone backsplash, stainless steel appliances & butcher block countertops. Walk-out to the beautiful back deck & garden.
* Sun-filled breakfast room overlooking the kitchen has a built-in banquette, a must have on every family's wish list. Perfect for casual dining & kids homework area.
* Master retreat! Large picture windows overlooking the front garden, hardwood floors and closet.
Large 2nd bedroom overlooking the back garden with hardwood floors and closet.
The 3rd bedroom would be perfect for a toddler/nursery or home office.
4 piece family bath has gorgeous slate floors.
- Full lower level is a large open canvass to use as you wish. Recreation roomfor lounging, exercise room or home office?
The choice is yours! Laundry/utility area and lots of built-in shelving for storage is an added bonus.
- Rare private drive, parking for 2 cars. 2 convenient quality storage sheds for all your gardening supplies, tools and bikes.
Enjoy the quiet outdoor living space on the large covered "old fashioned" front porch and the huge backyard! Fully fenced for children & dogs playtime! Beautiful covered back deck for enjoying al fresco dining & summer time parties.
* **Beautiful "Olde Mimico"***
Rated #9 of 140 neighbourhoods by Toronto Life!
Mimico is the gateway to Toronto's waterfront communities . This established community is well known for its cosy small-town feel, scenic lakefront parks & excellent local year round recreational facilities.Ashort commute downtown by car, TTC or GO Transit.
Residents come out in droves to show their community spirit at a number of local events including the annual Mimico Tulip Festival in May, the Pumpkin Parade November 1st each year and the Etobicoke-Lakeshore Christmas Parade.
Great school district! Conveniently around the corner from David Hornell Junior School, nearby John English Junior Middle School, Lakeshore Collegiate and many great catholic, private and alternative schools!
Shopping a plenty! Mimico residents are well served by the shopping districts on Lake Shore Blvd and on Royal York Road. These shopping areas feature a variety of small locally owned stores and restaurants. Walk to the famous FBI Pizza , run by Queen Margherita Pizza alumni, and voted one of Toronto's best take out pizzas.
For all of your large shopping desires zip over to the renowned Sherway Gardens & Smart Centre just 10 minutes away featuring the finest of high end shops and stores!
Lots of local recreation & parks surround! Nearby parks include Alexander Park, Amos Waites Park (with a brand new play structure with waterfront views!) Manchester Park and Hillside Park. Located on the shore of Lake Ontario in Mimico is Waterfront Park. Completed in 2012 the park provides a 1.1 km of linear waterfront park space between Norris Crescent Parkette and Humber Bay Park West featuring a farmers market in the summer. Some of the many features include a boardwalk, separate multi-use trail that provides cycling and in-line skating access adjacent to the boardwalk, small pockets of wetland habitat and landscaping. Bike all the way downtown via the adjoining Martin Goodman Trail.
Mimico Arena located off Royal York Road @ Drummond Street offers extensive hockey and skating programs in the winter & Lacrosse in the summer. Fun fact -Brendan Shanahan grew up in Mimico and played hockey/lacrosse at the arena!
Etobicoke's MasterCard Centre for hockey excellence including the Maple Leafs practice arena is located at 400 Kipling Avenue and offers a state of the art world class four ice-pad facility.
Transportation is a snap! 2 minute walk to either the 24 hour 501 Queen streetcar and the 145 downtown/Humber Bay express. Mimico has its own GO Transit train station located off Royal York Road, only a 10 minute walk away and is less than a fifteen minute ride to Union Station!!
Motorists can be downtown in ten minutes via Lake Shore Blvd or the Gardiner Expressway.
* **Upgrades & Improvements***
2011 ~ New kitchen stone backsplash
2010 ~ Storage shed installed at side of house
* Painting throughout the house
2006 (work done by previous owner)
* Roof (30 year warranty)
* Fascia & eavestroughs
* Replaced the rear door to walk-out to the porch
* Cedar porches both front and back
* Cedar garden shed and potting bench
* Fenced rear yard & planted mature trees
* New asphalt in the driveway
* Electric fireplace
2005 ~ All new wiring, 100 amp service
* Copper plumbing
* Furnace with forced air natural gas & high efficiency central air conditioning
* Energy efficient windows throughout
* All rooms have been wired for cable, telephone & high speed internet
* Renovated kitchen with a breakfast nook & stainless steel appliances
* 3/4" hardwood floors on the main floor
* Renovated 4 piece bath
* New main floor powder room
* Slate tiles in foyer & bathrooms
Offered at $595,000.