Quick & Cheap Outdoor Fixes
The appearance of your home's exterior is the first thing a potential buyer will see. To make a lasting first impression, perform these simple tasks to make the outside of your home look as lovely as the inside!
- In the spring and summer, cut back overgrown shrubs that may hide the house. Potential buyers will be driving by. If the exterior is attractive they'll want to explore further.
- Water the lawn in summer to create a green, fresh outdoor environment. Keep it neatly trimmed and as weed-free as possible.
- Place hanging baskets of garden annuals on the front porch to add colour.
- Keep the walk and drive clear, ice-free and shoveled in winter.
- Clean up any oil spills on your driveway with drain cleaner.
- Clean gutters of debris and leaves, repair or replace cracked or broken gutters, downspouts and extensions to ensure proper drainage.
- Remove toys, bikes, garbage cans and other unnecessary items from the front yard and driveway, so all the buyer sees is a well-groomed property.
- Organize the garage, storing items at a helpful relative's house.
- Make sure the door bell or knocker works & tighten loose door knobs.
- Paint the front door and entryway a matching colour.
- Have windows cleaned & use your best blinds, drapes or curtains. Apply new weatherstripping as neededaround windows
- Replace damaged screens.
- Turn on porch and/or driveway lights for evening appointments.
- Secure loose railings.
Quick and Cheap External Fixes
Condo buyers are very space-conscious and are often "tuned in" to the little details. To make a lasting first impression, perform these simple tasks to make all aspects of your condo look as lovely as the inside!
- Tighten loose door knobs.
- Have windows cleaned & use your best blinds, drapes or curtains.
- Place hanging baskets of garden annuals on the balcony to add colour.
- Ensure the balcony is uncluttered and tidy.
- Ensure your parking spot is free of debris.
- Sort and tidy storage locker.