- 55 LOMBARD ST., NO. 406, TORONTO
- ASKING PRICE: $489,900
- SELLING PRICE: $498,000
- PREVIOUS SELLING PRICES:$430,000 (2014); $355,000 (2009)
- TAXES: $2,547 (2015)
- DAYS ON THE MARKET: 1
- LISTING AGENT: Julie Kinnear and Jennifer Palacios, Keller Williams Neighbourhood Realty
The Action: The Bentley condominiums total 84 units, but just one was on the market this fall, this one-bedroom-plus-den suite. Only nine visitors completed tours before the sellers were presented with two competing offers.
What They Got: Close to St. James Cathedral and St. James Park, the Bentley is a boutique low-rise. This 1,035-square-foot suite has north-facing windows is an open den and master suite, which includes a walk-in closet and the larger of two bathrooms.
- Set further back are joint living and dining spaces and a separate kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite counters, plus laundry and powder rooms.
- The nearly 30-year-old unit comes with parking and monthly fees of $774 for water, heating, concierge, party room and rooftop deck with a salt-water pool.
The Agent’s Take: “The unit did show really nicely,” agent Jennifer Palacios says. “It’s a good size … the laundry room was even a proper room with storage, which is useful in a condo.”
Some potential buyers were building residents currently renting who wanted to purchase drawn by the amenities. “They’ve got a gorgeous outdoor pool on the rooftop patio, and it’s located well downtown,” Ms. Palacios said.
Published in Globe and Mail,Jan 28, 2016