11 Kenrae Road | Central Toronto - LeasideSold
Prime Leaside! Gorgeous & bright topped up bungalow “new build style” with spectacular Kitchen/Main Floor Family Room!
All the DEETS!
- 3 + 1 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Set on an extra-wide & deep lot - 32 x 125 foot Looking for a perfect yard for putting in a pool?? This is it!
- Bright and cheery home with huge skylights and south-facing yard
- Long & wide private drive for 3 cars - basketball anyone?
- Cosy up in the living room by a real wood-burning fireplace, and bay window with shutters.
- Separate "formal dining room" for special occasions! Hidden pocket doors.
- Cooking more at home? Enjoy the gourmet renovated kitchen for the chef! High-end Jenn Air appliances including induction cooktop and warming drawer overlooking family room & yard.
- Fabulous eat-in kitchen/casual dining spot with additional quartz counters/cabinets, breakfast bar & wine fridge for big family events (coming back soon!)
- Everyone will enjoy gathering in the sunken sunny family room addition with elegant (& warm) modern gas fireplace plus cathedral type ceilings and windows surround.
- Walkout to the huge rear yard & patio for entertaining, BBQ's with natural gas outlet, gardening, kids and dog play
- "Must have" main floor powder room is nicely hidden off the hallway
- Mostly hardwood floors throughout
- 2nd floor is beautifully laid out with 2 spacious renovated bathrooms including heated floors.
- 3 very pretty bedrooms with plenty of closet space including a fabulous primary suite.
- Primary suite renovation includes sitting area, built-in shelves/drawers, wall to wall closets, and ensuite with double shower tempered glass shower stall.
- Growing family? Spacious finished basement with additional office/kids play / exercise /gym / recreation room / plus guest room. Makes for a fun older teen bedroom option too!
- The separate side entrance is ideal! Allows easy access from private drive to take kids right downstairs for coats/boots etc. Also ideal if you need a Nanny Suite or a comfortable in-law suite option.
What makes Leaside Special? In the Seller's own words:
"When I think of this area, what comes to mind is the sense of community that it provides. There are always people out and about in the community. People are out walking, biking, playing tennis at Trace Manes and kids in the playgrounds. There are so many parks for kids and dogs within walking distance. All of the various schools are easily within walking distance even French immersion (Northlea Elementary School & Leaside High School offer French Immersion). The library and Trace Manes park anchors the community and provides a baseball diamond, summer camps, tennis courts, activities in the library and a totally renovated playground. Also close by is the Leaside arena offering skating, swimming, hockey and curling.
You also see many people walking from stores as there are so many that you can walk to, no need to always jump in the car. You have three chains of supermarkets close by and many other stores for convenience. There is a Costco close by too. On Bayview you have amazing specialty stores, Cumbraes, Del a Mar seafood, Alex Cheese and a variety of restaurants.
Naan & Kabob along with Grilltime are great places & conveniently close. Andy at Grilltime is a Leaside community fixture for not only his freshly cooked or frozen food but for the volunteering he has done over the years. Bring a plate over 10 minutes before close and come home with a meal ready to sit down to!"
Prime Leaside Location!
- Situated on a friendly family oriented street with a nice mix of couples & kids in highly sought after Leaside north of Southvale & west of Laird.
- Love the outdoors? Steps to hiking & running trails, mountain bike trails, parks & Don Valley path system.
- Leaside is a collection of pretty tree-lined streets with a cosy community boasting a proud sense of ownership! An ideal place to call home with all amenities nearby!
- Lots of local shopping... Walk to 3 large Grocery stores. - Longos, Loblaws & Sobeys. No need for the car with the convenient plazas along Laird that feature banks, restaurants, coffees shops, a lot of smaller retailers and big box stores to satisfy your shopping needs from LCBO, Pet Valu, Amsterdam, through to Home Depot, Sport Chek and Golf Town..
- Bayview Avenue features an amazing array of shops, banks, specialty stores, gourmet cafes, and a huge variety of popular restaurants. Enjoy Cumbrae's meats, Alex Farm Cheese, Whitehouse butchers, De La Mer fish market, Epi Bread, Cobbs Bread, Hollywood Gelato, Rahier Bakery to name but a few.
- Extensive local recreation! Few Toronto neighbourhoods can match Leaside regarding sports & wellness. The Leaside Memorial Community Gardens at Millwood and Laird Drive is a multi-recreational complex that includes 2 indoor ice arenas, an indoor swimming pool, a curling rink, and an auditorium
- Trace Manes Park located off McRae Drive is the home of the Leaside Tennis Club which has six tennis courts, a playground, a baseball diamond, and an outdoor natural ice rink that is in use from late December until the end of February. The Leaside Public Library is situated adjacent to the park.
- Superb school district attracts many families to this neighbourhood - Walk to Rolph Rd. P.S., Bessborough P.S., St. Anselm Catholic School and Leaside High School. Northern S.S., as well as superb private schools all close by include: Branksome Hall, Crescent School, Toronto French School, Greenwood College School and the list goes on.
- Transportation is a snap! Motorists can be downtown in ten minutes via the Bayview extension which also links up with the Don Valley Parkway and a myriad of commuter highways. The Eglinton Crosstown LRT has a stop at Laird which will add to the convenience.