157 Queens Avenue | Toronto - New Toronto/MimicoSold
Striking Renovated Family Home in Mimico On Pool Sized Lot!
Fantastic opportunity to move into a classic “Olde” Mimico style detached home with many impressive upgrades. Bonus main floor family room addition and spectacular kitchen in a premium pocket of the city!
Striking Renovated Family Home in Mimico On Pool Size Lot!
Magical blend of old & new featuring spectacular gourmet kitchen and main bathroom, upgraded mechanicals while maintaining character & charm throughout!
A growing family will love the main floor family room plus all season's sunroom! 3 large bedrooms, 2 full baths and over 2400 square feet including the partially finished lower level.
Extra large private drive offers parking for 5 cars and a storage shed for all your gardening supplies, tools and garbage bins.
Fully fenced-in yard allows for your kids and pets to safely play. Enjoy the vast amount of backyard space with plenty of room to put in a pool if you so desire.
A commuter's paradise! The Mimico GO Train station provides you with the convenience of being at Union Station in less than 15 minutes. 5 minute walk to the 24 hour 501 streetcar. Quick & easy access to the downtown core and vibrant waterfront location!
- *** Superb, tinted glass enclosed year-round sunroom** overlooking the front yard is the perfect spot for storing strollers, outerwear, boots, bikes and enjoying a warm cup of coffee on those rainy days
- *** Comfortable living room with a toasty gas fireplace (2013)** and mantle with natural stone surround
- *** Open concept dining room** overlooking the kitchen and family room flows nicely for busy family lifestyle and entertaining. Easy to keep an eye on the little ones!
- *** Large bow window** to display your favourite plants and flowers
- *** Contemporary chef's kitchen reno (2014) includes a large breakfast bar with built-ins, granite counters, quality stainless steel appliances and a gas range, marble backsplash, custom cabinetry and a spice storage pantry**
- *** Relaxing spacious family room** overlooks the peaceful back garden
- *** Separate side door entrance** just off the kitchen for ease of carrying all your groceries inside - or potential in-law/nanny suite entrance
- *** New hardwood floors throughout the main floor (2015)!**
- *** Spacious layout of the 2nd floor** with open landing and large bedrooms with hardwood floors throughout
- *** Double sized master** with 2 large windows overlooking the front yard and a deep clothes closet
- *** The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms** are bright and come with a closet each
- *** Luxurious 4 piece family bath (2013)** with a glass enclosed shower and tub and custom vanity
- *** Functional partially finished lower level (2015)** boasts tons of storage space.
- Calling all handyman/woman there is a workshop with a built-in work bench area
- Open area with laminate floors for kids play or home office
- Updated 4 piece bath
- HUGE storage room with built-in shelving ideal for all your holiday decorations
- Under stair storage and 3 closets
- Laundry room with lots of extra storage space
Beautiful "Olde Mimico"
Rated #9 of 140 neighbourhoods by Toronto Life!
Mimico is the gateway to Toronto's waterfront neighbourhoods. This established community with pretty, winding tree-lined streets, is well known for its cosy small-town feel, scenic lakefront parks & excellent local year round recreational facilities. A short commute downtown by car, TTC or GO Transit. **
Residents come out in droves to show their community spirit at a number of local events including the annual Mimico Tulip Festival in May, the Pumpkin Parade November 1st each year and the Etobicoke-Lakeshore Christmas Parade.**
Great school district! Conveniently around the corner from David Hornell Junior School, nearby popular John English Junior/Middle School, Lakeshore Collegiate and many great catholic, French Immersion, private and alternative schools close by.
Shopping a plenty! Mimico residents are well served by the shopping districts on Lake Shore Blvd and on Royal York Road. These shopping areas feature a variety of small locally owned stores and restaurants. Walk to the famous FBI Pizza, run by Queen Margherita Pizza alumni, and voted one of Toronto's best take out pizzas.
For all of your large shopping desires zip over to the renowned Sherway Gardens & Smart Centre just 10 minutes away featuring the finest of high end shops and stores!
Lots of local recreation & parks surround! Nearby parks include Alexander Park, Amos Waites Park with beautiful waterfront views, Manchester Park and Hillside Park. Located on the shore of Lake Ontario in Mimico is Waterfront Park. Completed in 2012 the park provides a 1.1 km of linear waterfront park space between Norris Crescent Parkette and Humber Bay Park West featuring a farmers market in the summer. Some of the many features include a boardwalk, separate multi-use trail that provides cycling and in-line skating access adjacent to the boardwalk, small pockets of wetland habitat and landscaping. Bike all the way downtown via the adjoining Martin Goodman Trail.
Mimico Arena located off Royal York Road @ Drummond Street offers extensive hockey and skating programs in the winter & Lacrosse in the summer. Fun fact -Brendan Shanahan grew up in Mimico and played hockey/lacrosse at the arena!
Etobicoke's MasterCard Centre for hockey excellence including the Maple Leafs practice arena is located at 400 Kipling Avenue and offersa state of the art world class four ice-pad facility. **
Transportation is a snap! 5 minute walk to either the 24 hour 501 Queen streetcar, the 301 Queen and the 145 downtown/Humber Bay express. **Mimico has its own GO Transit train station located off Royal York Road, only a 10 minute walk away and is less than a fifteen minute ride to Union Station!! **
Motorists can be downtown in short order via Lake Shore Blvd or the Gardiner Expressway.******
Upgrades & Improvements
2015 ~ Finished main area of the lower level
* Updated all electrical
* Hardwood floors throughout the main floor
* Replaced the fridge, gas stove and microwave
2014 ~ Kitchen & dining room reno with new quality appliances
2013 ~Gas fireplace in living room
* Replaced the stairs to the 2nd floor
Miscellaneous - Forced Air Gas Furnace & Air Conditioning
Offered at $899,000.