252 Windermere Avenue | West Toronto - SwanseaSold
Located on a quiet corner lot in a premium pocket of Swansea walk to every amenity! A truly one-of-a kind neighbourhood surrounded by beautiful mature trees and properties. Enjoy the benefit of family time and kids playing on Rambert Crescent. This modern, fully renovated detached 2 storey home incorporates all the bells & whistles! Open concept on your wish list? Divine main floor for entertaining and a busy household!
Stylish Renovated Family Home!
Located on a quiet corner lot in a premium pocket of Swansea walk to every amenity!
A truly one-of-a kind neighbourhood surrounded by beautiful mature trees and properties. Enjoy the benefit of family time and kids playing on Rambert Crescent.
This modern, fully renovated DETACHED 2 storey home incorporates all the bells & whistles!
Open concept on your wish list? Divine main floor for entertaining and a busy household!
A real opportunity for a growing family.
- 3 large bedrooms
- 2 luxurious baths, (including decadent heated floors in 2nd floor)
- Welcoming front foyer with heated slate floors, skylight & double front closets
- Loads of natural light on all 3 levels
- Eco friendly bamboo floors through the main & 2nd floors
- Sleek, designer kitchen with stainless steel appliances & granite countertops
- Professionally finished (and waterproofed!) lower level!
- Worry free mechanical upgrades
- Walk out to the beautiful back deck and amazingly HUGE yard! Plenty of privacy & fully fenced yard space for kids, pets & entertaining.
- 2 car parking -- Rare private drive PLUS garage (with remote) that fits an SUV!
Friendly neighbours, mix of older and younger kids. Enjoy the annual street party and BBQ!
With entrances off Morningside, Rambert or Windermere you have multiple ways to get home and avoid traffic.
Popular School District!
- Located just down the street from the popular Swansea Jr. & Sr. P.S. (Parents can easily walk their children safely to school)
- Nearby St Pius X Catholic School.
- Also in the coveted Humberside Collegiate school catchment attracting many families to this neighbourhood.
The best of both worlds! Sought After Swansea Village! The only Toronto neighbourhood having a lake, a river and a pond as its natural boundaries!
Swansea's hilly terrain, winding roads and many mature trees accentuate the storybook houses that line the residential streets of this neighbourhood.
Shopping abounds! Walk to all the fabulous specialty shops, green grocers, European delis/bakeries and fantastic restaurants in Bloor West Village . Grab all your groceries from Bloor West Meat Market, Max's, the fresh fruit & veggie markets, Snapper's Fish Market and the famous Cheese Boutique.
Residents love their neighbourhood jewel -- nearby Rennie Park --There are 4 tennis courts, a baseball diamond, a skating rink, playing fields and a wading pool. It's also ideal for dog walks!
Rambert Crescent Parkette is right around the corner and a great spot for adventures with little ones.
Swansea Jr. & Sr. Public School & Humberside Collegiate are a big draw for families -- with its legendary reputation (celebrating its 123rd year). Humberside is committed to academics, arts, 2nd languages, sports & technology with a bonus of an indoor swimming pool at the Community Centre .
Swansea Town Hall is just a block over where you can enjoy use of the library, music classes, dog obedience classes, various adult and children's programs, voting and much much more.
High Park & Grenadier Pond feature a full day of recreational activities including fishing, theatre performances, train rides, a zoo, historical exhibits, a restaurant, farmer's market, a myriad of fitness opportunities & off-leash dog walks.
Easy access to Lake Ontario & The Martin Goodman Trail, as well as the Humber River paths .
Well served by TTC -- walk to Runnymede or Jane subway stations on the Bloor-Danforth subway line. Bus stop conveniently just a block away, yet no bus runs north of Morningside , which is a definite plus for quiet enjoyment .
Motorists enjoy the convenience of being located only minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway & Lake Shore Blvd West.
With all the amenities it has to offer, Swansea has great community spirit!
Main Floor in Detail
- Covered front porch leads into the rarely found front mudroom boasting 12' ceilings, heated slate floors , large picture windows, double coat closet with french doors and a sunny skylight.
- Expansive open concept living and dining room -- great for keeping an eye on young children!
- Decorative fireplace & mantle.
- Gorgeous bamboo flooring, plenty of pot lighting, curio and decorative slate accent wall.
- Quality custom cook's kitchen upgraded in 2008 , overlooking the garden. Large Centre Island, granite counters, stainless steel appliances , pot lighting.
- Walk-out to the back deck and garden. With parking off the back this is ideal for hauling in your groceries as well as keeping watch while kids play in the yard.
Second Floor in Detail
- Bamboo flooring throughout
- Spacious master bedroom fits a King size bed. Features wall to wall closets with organizers and a picture window.
- Generous sized 2nd bedroom with double doors & deep closet.
- Pretty 3rd bedroom overlooks the back garden.
- Fall in love with this lavish 4 piece family bathroom with 10' ceilings, relaxing heated limestone floors, skylight and granite counters.
Lower Level in Detail
- Cool exposed stone wall
- Plenty of natural light
- Sprawling family recreation room with good ceiling height, Berber carpet and pot lights
- 3 piece bathroom including enclosed tile shower with tempered glass door
- Spacious laundry room with tiled floors and a double closet and shelving.
- Large under-stair storage closet
- Utility room
Private drive and detached 1 car garage with automatic remote has so much room that it will fit your SUV plus storage for bikes, lawn mowers and gardening supplies!
Upgrades & Improvements
2014 ~ Refaced the fireplace with tiles
2011 ~ New surround fence and new sod
2009 ~ New roof
2009 -- Waterproofed basement - North, South & East Sides of the house done
2008 ~ Natural gas BBQ hook-up on back deck 2008 ~ Mr Slim Mitsubishi air conditioning unit installed
2008 -- Added custom Kitchen cabinet uppers & built-ins under the stairs.
Copper Wiring -- no knob & tube
Offered at $0.