51 Geoffrey Street | West Toronto - Roncesvalles
Ready to put down roots in prime Roncesvalles? Discover this stylish, renovated, character-filled detached family home.
Entertain friends! Optimal work from home options! Sparkling renovated kitchen & baths in 2018. Separate entrance to finished basement. Fabulous south facing large private backyard to wine, dine & play! Lane access for 2 car parking. Dream location in the 'hood. Walk to shops, parks & superb schools.
In the Seller's own words:
"Geoffrey is a lovely street to live on, with many young families and friendly neighbours.
We have enjoyed the bustling retail strip, especially walking to Barque for BBQ dinners at the top of the street and sitting on their patio. We frequent the Sorauren Park farmers market for local food, goodies, and live music!
Our home has been a wonderful sanctuary for us, with many different rooms to use and entertain in, and a large backyard for parties and play!"
More Highlights to envision your life here...
- Move-in ready with good vibes!
- There are also plenty of options to grow into & improve over time. Back yard is large enough to add an addition to the house down the road if desired, with room to spare.
- Attractive, low maintenance perennial garden in front yard.
- Gorgeous old-fashioned enclosed front porch with classic mini pane windows - lots of space to store the stroller safely, put on winter clothing for kids & storage for outdoor wear. It's a nice place to hang out in inclement weather.
- Host plenty of family get-togethers in the large open concept living/dining room. Don't miss the unique leaded glass windows in the dining room.
- Refinished oak hardwood throughout the main and second floors. Plenty of Edwardian style baseboards, moldings & trim retained.
- Cook up a storm in the eat-in kitchen (2018) featuring ample cabinetry & pantry space, Quartz counters, a breakfast bar, an oversized built-in black Blanco sink & stainless steel Professional Series Frigidaire full-size fridge.
- Mudroom at back doubles for main floor office space/desk space for homework/homeschooling, overlooking the back yard, plus bonus wardrobes. Convenient when entering from the lane.
- Extensive outdoor living area, with cedar hedge screening and fenced in. Ideal for kids & dogs to run around!
- Enter the basement via the separate back entrance, also convenient for gardening or moving shopping in from your car parked in the lane.
- Renovated family bath in 2018 features soaker tub, tempered glass door on the tub, chic vanity, gleaming white tiled walls.
- Generous principal bedroom retreat includes substantial amount of closet space, additional wardrobes plus separate sitting/dressing area. Sitting area reconfigured could create an ensuite opportunity - as it is right next to the main bathroom.
- Cosy & bright separate office with new cedar ceiling is a relaxing refuge.
- Extra-large & bright front 2nd bedroom with multiple windows, and deep closet.
- Check out the horizontal real wood panelled doors with original period door handles.
- Fabulous Kids haven! Includes double homework/play area
- 3rd & 4th bedrooms for kids or guests or home office with plenty of natural light & air conditioning in each room. (It's almost impossible to cool 3rd floors with a traditional forced-air system.)
- Basement washroom (2018) has plumbing and space behind drywall to install a shower.
- Mostly finished lower level includes sizeable family recreation room, tons of storage space and a separate renovated laundry room (2018)
- Bonus walkout to yard.
- Potential to convert to in-law/nanny/income suite.
Enjoy this priceless location on one of the most sought-after streets in Roncesvalles Village in the coveted Fern Jr. & Sr. Public School district! Raise your family within a block of Sorauren Park, or a short walk to High Park, shops, cool restaurants and plenty of public transit.
Fabulous 'Hood & Street to call Home
Roncesvalles is the neighbourhood that has it all! With a retail strip that has everything you need from groceries, health food stores, butchers, personal care services and more, to delicious restaurants, coffee shops, and cute, creative shops & family businesses. Even the proximity of being halfway up Roncesvalles helps to access the area amenities more easily!
In addition to the bustling retail strip, Roncesvalles has two wonderful parks within walking distance, four amazing elementary schools, and a community of friendly, welcoming, and engaging people.
Stroll the tree-lined streets. The laneways are a bonus for kids play! 51 Geoffrey benefits from friendly neighbours on either side.
Roncesvalles Avenue features a pedestrian/eco-friendly boulevard - a pioneering example for Toronto for safe TTC access with a thriving green space on the main city street.
Quality schools attract many families with school age children -- Fern Avenue Jr & Sr PS, St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School, Parkdale Collegiate, High Park Alternative Jr., High Park Gardens Montessori School to name a few.
Easy access to large-scale stores near Dundas/Bloor including Loblaws, LCBO & Shoppers Drug Mart. Only a few blocks from the refurbished massive St. Joseph's Hospital.
Attention families and dog owners! The entrance to the young children's playground on the southwest corner of Sorauren & Wabash is just a few blocks down the street! Sorauren Park is the neighbourhood gathering spot for kids play, tennis, soccer league, an official enclosed off-leash dog area, the pumpkin patch after Halloween, an outdoor skating rink plus the Wabash Centre & Town Square.
Fans of the great outdoors will appreciate being able to walk to High Park & the 399 acres of public parkland including an outdoor theatre, playgrounds, local zoo picnic grounds, lengthy off-leash areas, flower gardens a historic museum, and plenty of sports options. Nearby to Lake Ontario to cycle, blade, run or walk along The Martin Goodman Trail.
Go Green! Get downtown in minutes - via Dundas West/ TTC Subway on the Bloor-Danforth line or streetcars on Roncy via Queen, King or Dundas. A 20-minute walk to GO train station & the UP Express next door is fantastic to get downtown or Pearson Airport.
Get in and out of the city in minutes with easy access to Lakeshore Boulevard West and the Gardiner.
Renovations & Upgrades
- New kitchen
- New flooring in kitchen and back room
- New appliances Stainless steel Stove, Dishwasher, Full size Fridge, Range hood; Washer, Dryer, Deep Freezer
- 2 New bathrooms
- Laundry room
- All new light fixtures
- New broadloom where installed.
- Cedar wood ceiling in the office
- Some new windows
- Backyard landscaping
- Upgraded electrical to 200amp
- Improved landscaping
- House exterior painted
- New dual ductless A/C units
Schools available for residents of 51 Geoffrey Street
Check for your house number!