98 Edwin Avenue | West Toronto - The Junction
To see it is to love it. This is truly a book with a gorgeous cover and an even better story! As picture-perfect inside as it is out. 2-storey extra-wide semi-detached home boasts extensive modern renovations and tons of original character!
Home Sweet Home!
This contemporary urban home has everything you could ask for; large principal rooms, main-floor powder room , family room, spacious bedrooms, renovated upstairs family bath and legal front-pad parking ...
Unbelievable outdoor living space includes a good-sized back deck with built-in seating and custom table. Professionally landscaped back garden has a high privacy fencing surround. West-facing deck gets lots of sun in the afternoon and gorgeous evening sunsets.
Low-maintenance perennials, shrubs and raised flower boxes will please green-thumbs and everyone else. The cherry on top of this already decadent dessert? A mature cherry tree that provides shade and an abundance of delicious summer fruit that you can share with your friendly neighbours. Stylish garden shed/workshop/studio for the handy Andy of the house!
Why settle for a condo when you can own a house? Easy decision! Enjoy the extra privacy, your own front door and the luxury of entertaining in a huge enclosed yard. Another good reason is that in Toronto, houses appreciate much faster than condos!A fantastic opportunity for a multitude of buyer; singles, cool couples, young families, or downsizers!
Love living on a quiet, historically-significant street, in a superb west-end location! Great community spirit with friendly neighbours, steps to transit, parks, fabulous shops, cafes, restaurants & markets.
Special Features & Upgrades:
- Attractive curb appeal with covered front porch and modern cedar railing.
- Expansive living room with hardwood floors, ceiling fan & large, front-facing picture window.
- Spacious and elegant dining room for your rocking parties and large family gatherings. Double French doors lead to the beautiful back deck and garden; perfect for entertaining & al fresco dining.
- Sleek, bright white kitchen with quartz counters, subway-tiled backsplash **, ample cupboards,drawers and counter space.**
- Sun-filled family room/office area with 2 piece powder roomand a separate walk-out to the back deck and garden.
- Main floor laundry + utility rooms
- Skylight in the 2nd floor fills the space with lots of natural light.
- King-sized sunny master bedroom with9'7" ceilings , Berber carpet **, large walk-in closet** and front-facing picture window.
- Large 2nd bedroom with 9'7" ceilings faces the back garden.
- Renovated 4-piece bathwith quartz counters, soaker-style tub and glass enclosure.
- Sunny and spacious rear yard has a stylish shed/workshop!Fully-fenced and low-maintenance, the yard is perfect for kids & pets at play.
- Interlocked walkway and extra-wide legal front pad parking.
Trendy West-End Location!
In recent years, the Junction Triangle has undergone a major revitalization . The neighbourhood has attracted the attention of developers due to its close proximity to Roncesvalles, High Park, The Junction , and its easy access to the Bloor subway line. Being so close to Dupont/Lansdowne, you get the best of Corso Italia & Bloordale too!
Young, cool businesses are moving in : Cuppa Coffee Studios , the "largest full-service stop-motion facility in the world" is just around the corner at 50 Edwin! Freshbooks, "the #1 cloud accounting solution for small business owners" has just opened/expanded in the Planet Storage building. Ubisoft , the high-tech French video game developer, has also chosen the Junction Triangle as its home. This treasure of a neighbourhood is WORLD-CLASS !
There are many unique, independent shops in The Junction as well as many happening cafes & restaurants: Cafe Con leche, Cafe Neon, Hula Girl, Cool Hand of a Girl, The Emerson, Farmhouse Tavern and Whippoorwill to name but a few!
You also don't have far to go to Fresh Co., Shoppers Drug Mart & Loblaws along the historic Dundas Street West shopping district!
Local street-shopping is available on Dupont, Bloor Street West, and the northern part of Symington Avenue. Big-box retailers can be found at St. Clair Ave. & Keele Street.
Lots of local recreation! The West Toronto Rail Path provides a 2.1 km long direct link for pedestrians & cyclists from the Junction to Dundas & Lansdowne area.
Many Parks nearby! Perth Square Park and the vast Earlscourt Park are just a few blocks north. They offer space for picnics, sports as well as an off-leash dog area for Fido and Oscar. Campbell Park & Skating Rink holds many community events. The iconic High Park is a short distance away.
The Perth Dupont Public Library has programs for pre-schoolers and children. The local YMCA, at Dundas & Dupont , offers a wide variety of programs for children & seniors.
There are two thriving City of Toronto community centres nearby. One of the largest facilities in Toronto is the Joseph J. Piccininni (JJP) Community Centre in Earlscourt. The Wallace Emerson Park & Community Centre is another gem. Both offer a variety of programming, rinks, pool, and gym.
School District includes many public, private, Catholic & alternative schools & daycares to choose from! Perth Ave Junior P.S., Brock P.S., St. Luigi Separate School, Pauline Junior P.S. & Bloor Collegiate to name but a few.
Transportation is a snap! Frequent bus service along Dupont & Dundas will take you to either Lansdowne & Dundas West subway stations which connect you to the Bloor-Danforth-Yonge-University-Spadina subway lines.Easy access to the Go Train!
Frequent travellers rejoice! The soon to be launched Toronto Pearson Express will be just a 5 minute walk away .
Motorists can be downtown in approximately 10 minutes by way of either Bloor, Dupont or Dundas Street and to the airport in 15-20.
Upgrades & Improvements
2013 ~ Completely renovated upstairs bath
2012 ~ Re-shingled back part of the house
* Complete landscaping of the backyard with low-maintenance perennials, shrubs
and raised flower boxes.
* New light fixtures throughout
2011 ~ Kitchen renovation.
* New carpet on stairs and 2nd floor
* Full gut reno of the master bedroom. Re-insulated & dry-walled
* New skylight
* Central air conditioning
2009 ~ Main floor renovation
2009 ~ Furnace
Offered at $549,900.