Volume 16, Issue 4
They always say that time changes things, but you have to actually change them yourself.
As the dog days of summer set in, we hope you're all enjoying or planning relaxing summer time off. and of course the Olympics next month.
Our team is excited about our plans to expand over the next few months. Though still in the preliminary phases, the drive to change has come about as we've found that in recent years, the face of real estate continues to evolve. As you know the web has been a strong suit of ours, and more and more of the public use the web as their primary source to find a realtor they can trust. Our business continues to flourish with repeat and referral business as the focus of our business remains on providing you and the friends, family members and colleagues you introduce to us with world class service. Thankfully our cutting edge and content rich websites JulieKinnear.com , LovelyTorontoHomes.com, & LovelyTorontoCondos.com have become an increasing source of business for us. In the past year, we have helped people from Sudbury, Guelph, Pittsburgh, Kitchener, Grand Cayman & Europe realize their buying & selling dreams, as well as assisted countless others from Toronto and around the world with information and data - all of whom heard about our Team and our listings just through the web!
We'll be expanding in this area to help a greater number of people have a referable real estate experience. Remember, our focus remains on you and guiding you safely & comfortably through this changing market with wisdom, understanding and exceptional service.
On a personal note, after an intense few months of an active real estate market, I'm looking forward to some down time at Crooked Creek with Mary and visiting friends and family. In fact, the entire Team with spouses are invited up north for a weekend of R&R and team building - an annual tradition! Mary and I just bought a new home and sold the house we have lived in for the past number of years in Roncesvalles and let me tell you, I can now personally relate even better to our buyers and sellers! They say all realtors should go through this every few years - ha! What an emotional rollercoaster. Mary and I are super excited about our move this fall - we're staying in the same great neighbourhood!
As for the rest of the Team. Nicole will be taking a week off to celebrate her 30th birthday - a big milestone! Jen is also planning to spend some time at her own cottage later this month. She recently purchased a garden shed to continue to get "the hacienda" organized and looking its best! KJ will have a busy summer with Cassidy turning 4 at the end of the month, and weekends in Kingston visiting family. Elise is spending plenty of time redecorating her apartment with help of husband Steve - their new bathroom has the refreshing feel of mint chocolate chip ice cream - the perfect image to leave you with this summer!
Wishing you a safe and happy summer,
Kinnear's Summer Photo Kontest!
Attention camera lovers! School is out, the kids are energized and the weather is just too beautiful to stay inside. This can all only mean one thing. It's the perfect time for road trips! We realize that lots of our clients are packing their families into cars and hitting the open road. We here at the Julie Kinnear Team hope that while you're out exploring the great outdoors you'll still take a moment to think of us! As you all know, our team has chosen the Inukshuk as the symbol for our business. Since Inukshuks are also increasingly serving as a mainstream Canadian national symbol (and the official logo of 2010 Olympics!) you never know where you'll find one, even in your own backyard, and certainly all over cottage country. This is why we're so excited to announce our newest contest!
- Running from July 10th to September 10th we're asking you to send your best Inukshuk photos to decorate our website.
- If you come across one of these landmarks in your travels please think of us, pull out your camera and ask it to say "Cheese"!
- When the contest closes we'll post the pics and choose our 3 favourites to announce in the September issue of Kinnear's Komments.
- The winners will each receive a hand-crafted, pewter inukshuk letter-opener to serve as their own personal symbol of Canada, as well as a reminder that we at the Julie Kinnear team are always here to 'guide you home'
- Congratulations to Jenn Tung & Edwin Ng! Edwin proposed to Jenn during a recent trip to California. They also just bought their first condo with us.
- All the best to Scott Turner & Nancy Houle, who were married on June 21, 2008! The happy couple is still house-hunting.
- Rachel Houpt & Craig Atkinson welcomed Tessa Gabrielle, their second daughter, into the world on May 28, 2008!
- Deb McCain & Matt McPherson were thrilled to announce the birth of their second daughter, Daphne, on June 12, 2008! Davis is a loving older sister!
- Neeta Logsetty and Joey Ryan and big brother Kiran eagerly anticipated the arrival of Bodhi Devan Ryan born July 8, 2008.
Are you feeling like Giving Back?
- Q: How do you achieve lasting satisfaction that money can't buy?
- A: By supporting a great cause!
Our charity of the month is Pathways to Education, so successful in its pursuit that it continues to expand Canada wide. Pathways provides an innovative blend of support to help at-risk youth succeed and graduate from high school and go onto post secondary education. Actively supported by Julie and her stepmom, founder Carolyn Acker.
Did you know...
Some loopholes in mortgage insurance might affect your ability to make a claim? According to a recent CBC Marketplace article, there are several ways to buy insurance that will really protect you, but it might take shopping around and asking the right questions. Learn what to watch for here www.cbc.ca/marketplace/