100 Smithwood Drive | West Toronto - EtobicokeSold
Much larger than it appears with 3000 square feet of incredible living/entertaining space! This detached bungalow is nicely set back from the street on a large pie-shaped, 170 foot deep lot. A pleasure to introduce and offer for sale! This coveted enclave of homes is in a beautiful, mature and convenient "Old City Etobicoke" neighbourhood that continues to flourish with a great deal of builders & buyers investing and growing the neighbourhood.
A Hidden Retreat!
MUST SEE! Much larger than it appears with 3000 square feet of incredible living/entertaining space! This detached bungalow is nicely set back from the street on a large pie-shaped, 170 foot deep lot.
A pleasure to introduce and offer for sale! This coveted enclave of homes is in a beautiful, mature and convenient "Old City Etobicoke" neighbourhood that continues to flourish with a great deal of builders & buyers investing and growing the neighbourhood.
Amazing flow and well-laid out main floor is flooded with lots of natural light from the skylight & picturesque windows. Cozy main floor family roomwith a roaring wood-burning fireplace!Stylisheat-in kitchenwithstainless steel appliances, granite counters, skylight and a breakfast nook!2 bedrooms (with room to add more) , 3 baths and full lower level!
Enjoy the advantage of having a carport and private drive with parking for 3 additional cars. Oversized party deck and lush open park-like yard with built-in sprinkler system.
Ideal for empty nesters looking to downsize but still wanting that extra space for family to visit! Young families wanting to put down roots and move into a safe and friendly neighbourhood! Single parents and professional couples looking for a condo alternative!
This home was custom built by a designer/builder that lived next door, for himself and his wife. Built with care and attention to detail!
A remarkable opportunity to move into a detached home in a prime location just one block north of Bloor!
Designer's Dream Home ~ Features Inside & Out
- Gracious front foyer with vaulted ceilings , stone tiled floors **, 2 double coat closets** and a skylight that fills the space with lots of natural light.
- Elegant living room with beautiful bay window and hardwood floors.
- The dining room is the perfect area to relax and entertain extended family & friends. Gleaming hardwood floors, large window and sliding glass doors that lead out to thespacious backdeck.Perfect for al fresco dining and drinks.
- Gourmet kitchen! Thoughtful attention to detail has been implemented in every design to cater and prepare all your meals. Granite counters, stainless steel appliances, breakfast bar, skylight, custom backsplash and tiled floor for easy clean up.
- Side door entry allows easy access into the kitchen for bringing in all your groceries or food from the grill!
- Spacious, open and airy family room! Curl up with a good book and enjoy the wood-burning fireplace. Large window overlooking the large open yard and pristine hardwood floors.
- Master bedroom retreat with 2 piece ensuite bath! Walk-in closet, broadloom and large picture window.
- Good-sized 2nd bedroom nicely tucked away from the master bedroom for optimal privacy. Double closet , broadloom and 2 pretty picture windows.
- Large 4 piece family bath. Soaker tub, separate enclosed shower andlinen closet.
- Full lower level with high ceilings and extensive storage space.
- Family recreation room/bedroom has laminate floors, built-in Murphy bed and a large above-grade south facing window. Huge space to use as a media or guest room or both -- easily put up a partition wall for bedroom privacy with enough space left over for a rec room!
- Play/games room with a wet bar, laminate floors and space for an office .
- 3 piece bath with enclosed shower.
- Full workshop with built-in workbench area for the Handy Andy of the house.
- Laundry room has built-in shelving, concrete floors and a sink. Lots of room for additional storage space.
- Utility/storage room with shelving. Under stair storage.
Picturesque Eatonville Neighbourhood! (Kipling/Dundas West/Bloor West)
Set in the enchanting Eatonville neighbourhood ! A family oriented pocket of Etobicoke surrounded by an abundance of mature trees. Smithwood Drive is in such a convenient location with easy access to transit, shopping, parks, schools and Bloor Street West.
Shopping a plenty ! Whole Foods, Loblaws & Metro are less than 1km away. The Bloor Street shopping district west of Kipling Avenue is a small neighbourhood retail corridor that includes local shopping plazas, food markets, restaurants, car dealers & independent stores.
Cloverdale indoor mall has over one-hundred retailers . This mall has special events going on throughout the year including a craft show, home show, antique shows and sidewalk sales.
Popular Sherway Gardens mall and surrounding big box stores on the Queensway is just 10 minutes away and features many fine high end shops (including the new Saks Fifth Avenue) and popular retailers !
Plenty of plush parks & local recreation surround. 2 minute walk to Smithwood Park and playground! Wedgewood, Greenfield and The West and East Mall Parks contain tennis courts, a baseball diamond, a children's playground and an artificial ice rink, and an outdoor swimming pool.
The Eatonville Public Library , located at 430 Burnhamthorpe Road offers a baby time program, "Tales for Twos", and a preschool story time. For the adults there is a Tea and Books program where library staff lead an informal chat about books and authors.
Nearby Centennial Park is an enormous 525 acre park with indoor hockey arenas, ski hill, a public golf course, a Mini-Indy track, tennis courts, a 2200 seat stadium, playing fields, a pond with paddleboats, picnic sites and a greenhouse. Centennial Park is also the home of the Etobicoke Olympium, a multi-purpose recreational facility that is known for its aquatics, rhythmic gymnastics and aerobics.
Great school district! Kingsley Primary School, Wedgewood Junior, Bloorlea Middle School and the ever so popular Etobicoke Collegiate! There are many great Catholic, Private, French Immersion and alternative schools nearby as well.
Transportation is a snap! 5 minute drive to Kipling Subway , which serves both TTC and GO Transit commuters. Bus services on Bloor and Dundas Streets, The East Mall and Burnhamthorpe Road also connect passengers to the Kipling station.
Commuting made easy! Motorists are within minutes of Highway 427 on-ramps at Dundas and Bloor Streets and Burnhamthorpe. Bloor Street provides motorists with an alternative route into downtown Toronto. The Pearson International Airport is a ten minute drive away.
Upgrades & Improvements
2015 ~ Upgraded water main to street
2013 ~ Lower level bathroom update with shower with added cupboard & counter space.
Installed sink in recreation area and queen size built-in Murphy bed.
Offered at $749,900.