14 Willard Gardens | West Toronto - Swansea
Wow! Fabulous, deceptively spacious extra-wide detached 3 + 2 bedrooms, 3 bathroom, family home with above grade lower level suite. Located on an incredibly quiet cul de sac! This is one of the most coveted spots in Swansea! With virtually only neighbours passing by on foot, and a playground just down the street, this is an ideal property to raise your kids and play with your dog(s)!
Major rebuild/new 15 years ago. 14 Willard Gardens home was built in 2006 situated on the original foundation, by Rusand Home Renovation. High-quality build with superb mechanical systems. See included list below. The home is in extremely immaculate condition.
Enjoy the natural light flooding in from the spectacular panoramic west-facing views over the treetops and quaint neighbourhood. Beautifully designed indoors and out to maximize the benefits of the slope.
Ideal Family/Entertaining Home Highlights:
- Gourmet cooks kitchen with huge island, numerous cabinets, computer station & quality appliances
- Wide-open concept main floor for hosting friends or keeping an eye on the kids! Enjoy main floor family room, 2 walkout patios, must-have powder room, cosy wood-burning fireplace, and double front hall closet
- Extra tall ceilings on all levels.
- Huge double closets (with own lights inside throughout most bedrooms).
- Dramatic vaulted ceiling in master bedroom with a wall of windows, wall to wall closet, walk-in closet and semi-ensuite massive family bathroom. The bathroom includes 2nd floor laundry, double sinks, separate shower, soaker tub, and is big enough to split into two bathrooms.
- 2 additional large bedrooms on 2nd floor.
- Outstanding above grade lower level that works as a huge self-contained 2 bedroom rental/in-law suite or enormous studio /home offices / recreational space. Excellent layout as it is also incorporated into a family home with access from the main floor or use the separate walkout and mudroom. Gas fireplace in lower level.
- Plenty of storage.
- Laundry room with new washer & gas dryer plus cabinets.
- All 3 floors are heated through cosy radiant heated floors, AND all 3 floors have own thermostat for extra comfort. Spacepak central air conditioning.
- Bonus rare private drive with a built-in garage.
- Spectacular mature landscaping with irrigation system, numerous patios and terraces. Must See!
In the Seller's own words:
"Beautiful quiet street ends in a cul de sac with Lollipop Park at the end. Go up the stairs and two more blocks and you are on Bloor Street West where you can get everything you need. No need for a car here! Groceries: fruit and vegetables (Carload, Fruiteria), fish shop (Snappers), butcher (Bloor Meats), and a little further walk is No Frills for staples. A nice walk south through the neighbourhood streets (Easson/Worthington/Innisfree) towards the Queensway to get to the Cheese Boutique!
Walk to hairdresser (Capucci), dentist, Doctors office, pharmacy. Other specialty shops include Marlborough's for stationery supplies, Bake Sale for cupcakes, Lavender and Lace for cards and gifts, Book City independent book store, Cookery for kitchen supplies and cooking classes, and a Canada Post post office in the Hallmark shop.
The neighbours are all very friendly and look out for one another. People keep their homes and yards tidy and well kept. The ages of kids in neighbour homes range from toddlers to teenagers. A mix of families at different life stages. In pre-pandemic, the neighbourhood had a holiday potluck brunch hosted by one of the neighbours. Lots of people walk by the house, lots of dog walking, and feel that you know lots of people because of this.
Jane subway station is a 10-minute walk for great access to downtown and further West to the Kingsway. Runnymede Public Library is a 15-minute walk. High Park is a 20-minute walk. Lake Ontario is a 20-minute walk.
Restaurants recommended that are in walking distance include Campo, Amber's, Queen Pasta, Bloom, Toro Sushi, Baka Cafe, Zaza Coffee (and ice cream!), Annette Food Market. The Junction and Roncy are both a pleasant summer walk away."
Superb Mechanical Upgrades Include: (Also See Home Inspection Report)
- Viessmann Hot Water Boiler with storage tank
- All 3 floors are heated through radiant heat, AND all 3 floors have their own thermostat for extra comfort
- Central Air Conditioner: Uses high-velocity Spacepak system ceiling ducts and vents. Air handler and heat recovery system in the attic.
- HRV - Heat Recovery Ventilation
- Water softener (basement) & reverse osmosis (main floor kitchen)
- Central Vacuum system
- 2 fireplaces:
- Main floor - high-efficiency wood-burning fireplace; the chimney is stainless steel
- Lower Level - gas fireplace
- Irrigation system in the professionally landscaped gardens
- Gas barbecue outlet
- There is a wireless system for the garage that allows you to open/close/monitor the status of the electric garage door. It is called Chamberlain myQ. It requires a small adapter (which we will leave for new owners) to be plugged into your home network to interface between the garage door and an app on your smartphone.
- Lower Level laundry room also has a 240 V plug for an electric dryer. Since this isn't being used it leaves space on the electric panel to install a charging outlet in the garage for an electric car.
- New washing machine and gas dryer for basement (2021)
- Stonework on the driveway, front walk and back steps to backyard removed, cleaned and reinstalled (2020)
- Main floor and 2nd-floor walls painted (2018)
- New deck surface on kitchen back deck (2017)
- Replaced hot water storage tank (2015), expansion tank (2015)
- New appliances (fridge, stove, and dishwasher) for basement suite (2014).
- Install new gutters and leaf guard (2013)
- Installed phantom screen on back deck door (2009)
- Replaced backflow preventer + recirculating pumps for boiler and heating system (2010 & 2011)
Schools available for residents of 14 Willard Gardens
Check for your house number!