183 Cowan Avenue | West Toronto - ParkdaleSold
Restored Victorian With 2 “Owner” Size Suites
Hello Gorgeous! Looking for a home in a dynamic central location with tenants to help pay the mortgage? Enjoy living in one large space while renting out the other.
This sprawling sparkling brick detached duplex oozes old world character. Set on an extra wide 30 x 121 foot lot with 2320 square feet (PLUS 1160 in the lower level) of unique living space. Enjoy ample outdoor areas in the front, back and side yards.
Located in the heart of Parkdale, on a mature tree-lined street with many nearby homes built between 1880-1900, and half a block south of Queen St. West! This established "Village" type neighbourhood and artist enclave is walking distance to shops, restaurants, public transit, public library, rec. centre and Masaryk children's park. You are also within minutes to other hip neighbourhoods the city has to offer like Roncesvalles, Liberty Village, the Ossington strip, West Queen West and the Waterfront! Open community vibe makes this an ideal spot to call home.
So many features to covet!
- Attractive curb appeal with welcoming covered front porch and 2nd floor balcony
- Charming side porch walk out
- Sunny & Bright throughout all 3 levels
- Soaring ceilings on the main floor
- Stunning architectural turret window plus 2 skylights on the second floor
- Antique light fixtures
- 2 Cast iron bathtubs
- 2 separate hydro meters
- 2 easy exits on each of the 3 levels
- 4 bedrooms plus upstairs office
- Graceful original baseboards, frames and mouldings throughout
Main Floor ~ 1160 square feet of impressive living space
- Covered front porch with extra high ceilings is a great place for an "olde fashioned" swing set to read a good book and watch the world go by
- **Hardwood floors throughout
- Grand sunny living room with 10' ceilings, large bay window, antique decorative fireplace with mantle and built-in surround. Superb space for entertaining!
- The dining room walks out to the cute side porch, a great extension for al fresco meals
- Eat-in kitchen facing the backyard has an exposed brick accent wall which adds to the funky factor
- The bedroom with 9' ceilings makes it feel bright and airy. Closet & large window
- 4 piece bath with cast iron tub
Full lower level ~ 1160 square feet
- An abundance of space and an open canvas to use as you wish.
- Large storage room with built-in shelving ideal for a cold pantry.
- Laundry room
- Separate side door entrance easy storage of bikes
- Huge workshop for all you handy dandy people!
Second Floor Suite ~ 1160 square feet - Family Size Rental Income Potential
- Separate door inside main floor front entrance to upper level
- Natural light abounds! Charm and character galore!
- Walk out to large covered balcony facing the front yard
- Double coat closet and skylight fill the landing with lots of light
- Hardwood floors throughout, some antique ornate boiler rads
- Cozy living room with showpiece architectural turret style window in ceiling and antique light fixture
- Working kitchen with pantry, wood countertops & restored antique gas Banner Stove and built-in dishwasher
- The dining room just off the kitchen and has corner windows overlooking the treetops and beautiful backyard filling both the kitchen and dining room with lots of natural light
- Ensuite laundry has a separate entrance from exterior back staircase - walks out to the yard too!
- 3 spacious bedrooms plus home office.
- 4 piece bath with cast iron tub and skylight
Hot Queen West/Parkdale Location!
A vibrant neighbourhood with a mix of old world and gentrification! Family-friendly and blessed with excellent transportation routes plus a varied commercial shopping district, this area also boasts parkland & recreational opportunities within walking distance.
Enjoy neighbourhood mainstays such as: Miss Thing's a retro-style spot with tropical accents serving innovative Polynesian dishes & Tiki cocktails. Electric Mud BBQ has some of the best smoked meat in town. Doomie's offers vegan comfort food staples & craft beers. Grand Electric is a hip bustling space for tacos, tunes and creative Mexican fare. The Tempered Room at the top of the street is a fabulous patisserie and across the street is Capital Espresso truly has some of the best coffee in the city. New & exciting spots continue to sprout up! We're big fans of Made You Look jewellery, a neighbourhood mainstay and artistic treat.
Plenty of parks surround! Masaryk Park located conveniently right across the street! This half hectare park features a community garden, a wading pool and a children's playground. The park is just south of the Masaryk-Cowan Community Centre where you can enjoy a myriad of recreational, art, sports and fitness programs.
An appreciation for the outdoors -- easy access to the endless Martin Goodman Trail that spans the whole waterfront of Toronto on lovely Lake Ontario, accessible via Jamieson. High Park, the jewel of the Toronto Parks system with its 399 acres of public parkland including Grenadier Pond is not far west.
Desirable neighbourhood schools attracts many families with school age children -- Queen Victoria PS, renovated and revitalized Parkdale Jr. & Sr. PS, Holy Family Catholic School. Parkdale Collegiate is an oasis, nurturing all who discover it, introducing programs that students love, including an enhanced PreBaccalaureate program and acclaimed International Baccalaureate Programme.
At the top of Cowan Ave. is Parkdale Public Library on Queen Street with plenty of programming.
Convenient to CNE grounds, BMO Field & The Palais Royale. Attention hospital workers - Easy access to the refurbished massive St. Joseph's Hospital!
Go Green! Get downtown in minutes -- Streetcars on Queen St, King bring you straight downtown. Or Bus via Lansdowne to TTC Subway on the Bloor-Danforth line and the GO train station and airport UP Express!
For convenience when driving, it is a quick trip downtown via Gardiner/Lakeshore or out of town via QEW. Pearson Airport & 400 series highways are easily accessible from this location.
Upgrades & Improvements
2016 ~ Boiler improvements included a new stainless steel flue liner with a major overhaul that included a new pump and expansion tank - digital programmable thermostats
2012 ~ Improved water main to street
2003 ~ Roof
2 separate hydro meters
See the feature sheet for more info!
Offered at $1,099,000.
Schools available for residents of 183 Cowan Avenue
Check for your house number!
|Former Municipality||Street Name||Street Number Range||Elementary||Intermediate||Secondary||Technological Programming|
|Toronto||Cowan Ave||All Numbers||Queen Victoria PS||Queen Victoria PS||Parkdale CI||Western Tech|