20 Garden Avenue | West Toronto - RoncesvallesSold
Lovely 1890 renovated & expanded Victorian "cottage" in one of Toronto's most vibrant neighbourhoods!
Move in ready detached 3 bedroom home on extra wide lot in prime Roncesvalles village, steps from High Park.
20 Garden Avenue offers old house charm with a modern touch.
Exceptional combination of location, price & uniqueness offers rare value for the discriminating buyer.
- Lovely 1890 renovated & expanded Victorian "cottage" in one of Toronto's most vibrant neighbourhoods!
- Move in ready d etached 3 bedroom home on extra wide lot in prime Roncesvalles village , steps from High Park.
- 20 Garden Avenue offers old house charm with a modern touch .
- Family friendly street with children of all ages living nearby. Walk to Sorauren park, kids playground, public & Catholic schools & local library.
- Enjoy the rare city convenience of 2 private parking spaces via lane.
- Go green - lots of TTC and public transit routes, alternatively bike downtown or around the neighbourhood.
- Exceptional combination of location, price & uniqueness offers rare value for the discriminating buyer.
Cosmopolitan + Casual Location, Location, Location!
- Centrally located east Roncesvalles, south of Dundas, north of Queen in established neighbourhood with easy access to Roncesvalles Village, Bloor West Village, and Downtown.
- Roncesvalles Avenue with its European ambience is a hip mix of chic restaurants & gourmet stores mixed in with ethnic delis, coffee shops & family businesses. Tightknit, diverse, family community.
- Enjoy the verdant streets and parks including nearby Sorauren Park where all the dog owners meet as well as the jewel of the Toronto parks system, High Park .
- Easy walk to High Park with its 399 acres of public parkland including Grenadier Pond, walking trails, outdoor theatre, picnic grounds, flower gardens & historic museum.
- Lots of choice in public transit. Roncesvalles streetcar connects to Dundas West subway station or downtown via Queen & King streetcars.
- For expediency when driving it is a quick trip to Hwy 400, to the Gardiner, the QEW and the Airport.
- Sorauren Park is the central meeting spot for many neighbourhood activities including the Farmers Market, off-leash dog area, little league sports, tennis courts, day camps in summer and many annual events including the famous pumpkin contest.
Completely Captivating ...
- Surprisingly spacious, open concept & bright with classic Victorian detail and curb appeal!
- Charming & unique 1.5 storey includes approx 1338 s.f. of living space plus lower level of 819 s.f..
- Living and dining rooms flow together for large entertaining area enhanced by warm hardwood flooring & the high ceilings create a sense of space.
- Elegant oversized main floor 3 piece bathroom with old fashioned claw foot tub and sunny window.
- 3rd bedroom on main floor features a large double closet, French door, and is ideal as convenient guest room (remember the nearby bathroom?) or main floor home office.
- Party size renovated kitchen with slate floor was updated in '07/'08 with additional pantry cabinets and gas line to the new double oven gas range in '07.
- Walk out from kitchen to the huge sunny yard with wood deck '08 plus wood platform. Fully fenced for barbecuing, dogs, kids and friends play time.
- Dramatic second floor addition includes spacious master retreat complete with rare 3pce ensuite bath, vaulted ceiling & hardwood floors plus decadent private deck. Beautified by clerestory windows and walk-in closet.
- 2nd bedroom includes closet, hardwood floors, and high ceilings!
- Lower level has a multitude of options. There is a separate entrance and it is large and open, ideal to create an accessory style apartment or nanny suite. Currently there is an open recreation/multimedia or child's play area plus laundry area and utility room.
- Bonus of 2 pkg spaces, one inside garage, one outdoors.
- Amazing location, panache and price create fantastic value in this Roncesvalles Village home.
Offered at $499,000.