218 Ashworth Avenue | Central Toronto - The Annex
Spacious open concept 3 storey semi-detached renovated and updated character home with legal basement suite. Quiet dead-end child friendly street in Hillcrest P.S. School district. Attractive family home with revenue steps from Christie & Dupont Street in a central midtown neighbourhood.
Hidden Treasure, Fashionable Locale!
- Spacious open concept 3 storey semi-detached renovated and updated character home with legal basement suite.
- Quiet dead-end child friendly street in Hillcrest P.S. School district.
- Attractive family home with revenue steps from Christie & Dupont Street in a central midtown neighbourhood. Walk to shops, caf?s, parks & TTC.
- Legal, professionally designed & dug out 1 bedroom basement apartment has had same reliable tenant for 17 years.
- Salt water system deep soaker Hot tub! 2nd floor laundry. Stunning main bath. 3rd floor master.
- Enjoy peace of mind & energy savings of new low ergon windows & recent roof. Updated mechanicals.
- Lane access to 2 parking spaces , plenty of additional on street.
- Remarkable combination of location, price & appeal offers excellent value for all buyers.
- Centrally located just west of Bathurst, south of Davenport, north of Dupont in established family friendly neighbourhood with easy access to city amenities.
- Dupont & Bathurst nearby shops and restaurants include a Loblaws grocery store. Short walk to Wychwood Barns activities & Saturday market.
- Quiet shady child safe street with great neighbours and lots of children living nearby. Perfect for playing ball & bike riding. In the catchment for Hillcrest Junior School & Winona Senior Public Schools, Oakwood Collegiate.
- Local recreation activities at Vermont Square Park & Bill Bolton hockey rink in Seaton Village.
- Enjoy proximity to the University of Toronto , Royal Ontario Museum, Brown College & all cultural activities.
- Go green ? lots of TTC and public transit routes connecting via Davenport, Dupont & Bathurst buses to the University & Bloor subway lines. Alternatively bike downtown or around the neighbourhood.
- By car it is a ten minute drive to downtown & connecting highways around Toronto are 15 minutes away.
- Situated near some of Toronto?s most interesting neighbourhoods . Enjoy the Christie Pits for summer fun, Casa Loma for grandeur, Yorkville for sophistication. Shop and eat along St Clair?s Corso Italia.
- 218 Ashworth Avenue offers relaxed living for today?s busy buyer. It has been updated for comfort.
- Semi-detached home on high side of the street offers open airy floor plan with 3 bedrooms up plus spectacular large four pce bathroom.
- Old fashioned covered porch overlooking front woodland garden is perfect for sitting out to enjoy the fresh air & opens into entry hall.
- Main floor living space is an open airy design great room for easy entertaining and family life. Lots of room for conversation and convivial dinners. Laminate flooring throughout.
- Living/dining room is highlighted by sleek wood burning fireplace, bay window with display ledge & leaded glass doors on pass through to kitchen.
- Eat-in white kitchen offers good working space, exposed brick wall, newer stove.
- Walk out from kitchen to the sunroom/spa with newer deep soaker hot tub that is healthier saline based. Conveniently indoors to avoid outside in cooler weather/heating costs, and private/quiet from neighbours!
- Wood party deck & fenced yard for barbecuing & dining al fresco.
- Bedrooms on second floor include spacious master with rare walk-in closet, sunny bay window & hardwood floor plus bedroom/home office with parquet floor & carpeted sun room with exposed brick wall.
- Bedrooms divided by showpiece extra large main bath with skylight. Totally reno?d in 2009 it offers claw foot tub, separate tiled shower stall, granite topped cabinet with sink & separate vanity.
- Second floor completed by desirable laundry facilities incl side by side washer & dryer.
- Sparkling bright 3rd floor open concept loft with dormer walls, skylight & original wood floors offers a plethora of space. Could be 2 bedrooms, artist studio, large family room, or master (Sink installed & plumbing roughed in for additional bath).
- Sliding doors to rooftop. Separate air conditioning adds to summer comfort.
- Lower level with separate entrance has architect designed legal apartment since 1988. Space includes tiled entry & kitchen, living area with laminate floor, walk-in closet, utility room, 4 pce bath, carpeted bedroom, stacking washer/dryer. Rents for $695 per month including one parking spot. Same reliable quiet tenant for 17 years!
- Care free $$ mechanics - new energy saving ergon windows on all floors, new main bathroom, replaced siding on west side and back of house, replaced flashings & roof cap on third floor, new water heater, new hydro meter, new stove in apt, new vent for main kitchen, new carpeting from 2nd to 3rd floors 2009 ; new roof, painting for front porch, new stove in main kitchen 2008 ; front of home brick pointing 2005 ; front trim painted 2004 ; Ultrasonic blind cleaning keeps dust from adhering for a long time. Copper wiring & plumbing.
- Enjoy gardening with the raised flower, herb & vegetable beds in back garden, and gorgeous mature forest-shade in front gardens. Summer gazebo for back deck easily assembled.
- Private location, charm and price create outstanding value in this lovely midtown home.
Offered at $599,900.
Schools available for residents of 218 Ashworth Avenue
Check for your house number!