218 Howard Park Avenue | West Toronto - High ParkSoldJanuary 1970
Excellent combination of unspoiled 1920's charm and character, wood trim, spacious principal rooms and $$ upgraded mechanics. Possible to convert to a single family home. Convenient location provides easy access to streetcar, bus and subway. Walk to the shops & local restaurants of Roncesvalles Village. Close proximity to Bloor West Village. Location, income & space offers real value for live-in or investment buyers.
High Park Original Duplex - Rare Opportunity!
- Live in glorious Prime High Park with significant revenue to help pay for the mortgage.
- Superb layout of 3300 sf (including basement) is divided into 3 suites. Lovely 3 bedroom main floor owners suite, charming 2nd floor 2 bedroom suite, and a 1 bedroom basement suite all feature own laundry.
- Brick Detached legal duplex with optional parking on an extra large beautiful lot only 2 doors to High Park! Huge deck out back for entertaining, old fashioned front porch and incredible lush private gardens .
- Excellent combination of unspoiled 1920's charm and character, wood trim, spacious principal rooms and $$ upgraded mechanics.
- Possible to convert to a single family home.
- Convenient location provides easy access to streetcar, bus and subway. Walk to the shops & local restaurants of Roncesvalles Village. Close proximity to Bloor West Village.
- Location, income & space offers real value for live-in or investment buyers.
- Take pleasure in the mix of old-fashioned city neighbourhood life (enjoy the annual Indian Grove Street Sale or shop at the High Park Zen Centre's yard sales). Friendly neighbours!
- The High Park neighbourhood offers rolling hills, winding streets & towering oaks, and is an extension of the hundreds of acres of parkland and gardens in High Park. Attention Dog lovers - the off leash trail is nearby & easily accessed. High Park is a great place for kids play, numerous sports & The Howard Park Tennis Club (public) has superb facilities a block away.
- Stay active with biking & blading along the Martin Goodman Trail & Lake Ontario .
- Situated between two of Toronto's most popular destinations - Roncesvalles Village and Bloor West Village . Close to libraries, interesting cafes and food shopping. Coffee & All That Jazz is a great neighbourhood coffee shop. Summer is highlighted by a variety of festivals and street activities .
- Access to quality schools including the coveted Howard Jr. Public , which offers French Immersion. Bonus for potential prospective tenants and owners with children.
- Go green - lots of TTC and public transit routes connecting to downtown via Keele Street subway or streetcars via Dundas or College. Bike everywhere! Avoid waiting for the streetcar on a cold morning by keeping an eye on the nearby route from house - again great for tenants!
- When driving in and out of town there is easy access to Hwy 400, to the Gardiner, the Lakeshore, the QEW and the Airport .
Stress free living...
- 218 Howard Park has been improved and upgraded for both family and tenant comfort.
- Purpose built original legal duplex with additional basement apartment features an excellent floor plan & layout. Each unit has a separate entrance, separate laundry and there are separate hydro and hot water tanks between main and 2nd floor units.
- Stylish nearly identical main floor and 2nd floor offer old world elegance with hardwood floors , wainscoting, and wood burning fireplaces , in approx.1100 sf.
- Each unit has a tiled 4 piece bath, and several storage closets.
- The 2nd floor enjoys a summer sunroom with views of the lush garden and neighbouring yards. Unique separate back staircase direct to 2nd floor allows entrance from rear.
- Main and 2nd floor are great for entertaining! Both feature extra large living rooms, formal dining room, and good size working kitchen with dishwasher.
- Attractive and spacious open concept 1 bedroom basement apartment was finished in 1999 and has always been easy to rent with long term tenants. Separate entrance from rear & own laundry.
- Modern $$ mechanics - No knob amp tube! Completely rewired in 1999 - 200 & service on breakers. Hot water boiler furnace 1999. Copper plumbing 2000. Drains under the house and all the way to the street replaced & east side of building professionally waterproofed in 2004. Eaves updated 2004.
- 2ND Floor pays own hydro and their rental of electric water heater. Main floor includes a gas hot water tank. If fully rented, net income is over $40,000 per annum!
- Owner's main level 3 bedroom suite includes 2 bedrooms on main and benefits from using half of the basement for one bedroom, an office and lots of storage space.
- Walk out from kitchen to convenient mudroom to huge party deck and stunning private landscaped perennial gardens .
- Lots of options! Live in and rent out or as did the neighbour next door with a similar duplex, convert to a spacious single family home. SOLID INVESTMENT!
- Mutual drive access to garage and parking if desired for 2 cars. Howard Park allows permit parking on both sides of the street all year round, which is a real benefit for tenants and guests. Proximate parking is always available.
- Great location, quality and price create outstanding value in this remarkable High Park home.
- Check out the on-line feature sheet at www.LovelyTorontoHomes.com
Offered at $789,900.
Schools available for residents of 218 Howard Park Avenue
Check for your house number!
|Former Municipality||Street Name||Street Number Range||Elementary||Intermediate||Secondary||Technical Programs||Commercial Programs|
|Toronto||Howard Park Ave||1-55(Odd)||Howard Jr PS||Fern Avenue Jr & Sr PS||West Toronto CI / See Footnote Below14||Western Tech||West Toronto CI|
|Toronto||Howard Park Ave||2-66(Even)||Howard Jr PS||Fern Avenue Jr & Sr PS||West Toronto CI / See Footnote Below14||Western Tech||West Toronto CI|
|Toronto||Howard Park Ave||68-220(Even)||Howard Jr PS||Fern Avenue Jr & Sr PS||West Toronto CI / See Footnote Below14||Western Tech||Western Tech|
|Toronto||Howard Park Ave||71-223(Odd)||Howard Jr PS||Fern Avenue Jr & Sr PS||Parkdale CI||Western Tech||Western Tech|