258 Prince Edward Drive South | West Toronto - Sunnylea Etobicoke
Attention Renovators & Builders! Picturesque Sunnylea opportunity! Solid brick 1919 bungalow ready to be topped up or rebuilt. (or could be ideal to renovate for Kingsway downsizers). Located across from the lush Parklawn Cemetery grounds and in the preferred Sunnylea P.S. district, only a few blocks from Bloor St. Real opportunity to build a dream home. Rare double car garage. Good height in basement - income potential or nanny/in-law suite with separate entrance. Many beautiful rebuilt homes in the area.
Solid Well Built Bungalow in Picturesque Sunnylea!
Set on a large and sunny 40 x 120 foot lot across from the lush grounds of Parklawn Cemetery. Located in the Sunnylea Jr. School district and just a few blocks south of Bloor.
This charming brick home, built in 1919 was lovingly cared for by the same family for almost 50 years. 1900 square feet of open living space includes lower level. It is wonderfully quiet inside, well insulated, and very bright and ready for a new family to renovate and design their dream home!
Custom built detached double car garage with wide private drive offers up to 4 car parking! Wow!
Kids can also attend the popular Norseman JMS, Etobicoke Collegiate and Etobicoke School of the Arts. Enjoy walking distance to the Kingsway shops and restaurants, Royal York subway and easy access to the highways/airport.
Sunnylea is a family friendly community with sought after schools, a shopper's paradise and nature enthusiasts dream close to numerous parks, hiking trails and recreational activities!
Features Inside & Out!
- Enclosed front entry leads into a foyer for storing outerwear and apparel.
- Large open concept living/dining room with working fireplace, solid hardwood floors, coffered ceiling in dining, large walk-in closet/pantry and large windows floods the space with loads of natural light.
- Plenty of original character with baseboards, door frames, glass door handles, French door etc.
- Well proportioned kitchen offers space for a breakfast table - could extend the space into the walk in closet.
- Walk out to the private and quiet west facing yard.
- Separate private hallway to bedrooms. Master bedroom with closet and hardwood floors.
- 4 piece family bath and linen closet separates the 2 main floor bedrooms.
- Lower Level includes Spare bedroom with a double closet and 1 piece bath/toilet.
- Laundry room and oversized storage/furnace room - could be big recreation room, plus workshop
- The lower level offers an abundance of storage space
- Enjoy forced air gas furnace, central air conditioning and a low maintenance brick home with aluminum eaves and soffits
- Tranquil garden oasis. The expansive lush green back garden has lovely mature trees with privacy fencing for dogs and kids!
Spectacular Sunnylea Location!
This is a wonderful neighbourhood for growing families, fitness buffs, and dog lovers! Sunnylea's many mature trees and the exclusion of sidewalks add to its country-like ambience. Known for its excellent schools which are a popular drawing card for this neighbourhood and convenient access to public transit, shopping, the airport and highways!
This desirable established neighbourhood is a terrific investment as it offers a mix of lovely detached homes many of which have been recently renovated or newly built homes replacing smaller bungalows on large lots.
Located just south of Bloor Street West within walking distance to The Kingsway shops & restaurants, Bloor West Village, plus major grocery, big box stores and Sherway Gardens are located to the south along the Queensway.
Plenty of plush parks surround. King's Mill Park and the lush grounds leading down the Humber River to the Martin Goodman Trail are amazing.
Lots of local recreation! There are a large variety of recreational programs for children, teens, adults and seniors. Norseman has an indoor pool which is extensively used for aqua fit and instructional swim programs. Park Lawn has a winter ice arena that converts to tennis courts in the summertime. The outdoor pool at Park Lawn is used for recreational swimming. Sunnylea Park has tennis courts and a children's playground. The Brentwood Public Library offers year-round programs for children.
Great schools nearby include a myriad of public, Catholic and private schools to choose from. Located in the Sunnylea JS, Norseman & Etobicoke Collegiate catchment for the public school system.
Go green! Bus lines on Prince Edward Drive connect passengers to stations on the Bloor-Danforth subway line. Old Mill and Royal York subway are within walking distance.
Motorist are approximately fifteen minutes from Toronto's downtown financial and entertainment districts via Lake Shore Boulevard or the Gardiner Expressway which also provide commuters with connecting routes to the all of the major highways.