37 Garden Avenue | West Toronto - RoncesvallesSold
Opportunity in Hot Roncesvalles Village! Cherished, family owned home for over 53 years! This exceptional south facing 2.5 storey Victorian style house boasts 5 bedrooms and 2200 square feet of sprawling living space PLUS the lower level.
Opportunity in Hot Roncesvalles!
Cherished, family owned home for over 53 years! This exceptional south facing 2.5 storey Victorian style house boasts 5 bedrooms and 2200 square feet of sprawling living space PLUS the lower level.
Soaring ceilings in the living room and main floor den, with beautiful original trim and classic character and charming features throughout. Everyone loves homes with a 2nd back staircase!
Bonus of up to 3 parking spots off the back laneway is a rare find in the area. Enjoy gardening in the sunny quiet fully fenced backyard.
Sought after street in Roncy Village -- pretty tree-lined street in the middle of all the action, just a short stroll to Sorauren Park or Roncesvalles! This trendy area has been voted as one of the best neighbourhoods to live in Toronto.
Friendly community spirit with a true sense of pride and ownership ! A magical environment to live and raise your family!
Features Inside & Out:
- Covered front porch is a pretty spot to enjoy your morning cup of coffee while reading the paper or visiting with neighbours.
- Spacious, open concept living room plus parlour/den for entertaining! Crown mouldings, trim, broadloom and a large picture window overlooks the front garden.
- Gracious dining room to host all your dinner & holiday parties!
- Potential to really expand the kitchen by opening into the current dining room. Easily switch the den into your formal dining room. Makes an ideal space for a large kitchen/family room combination.
- Secret back staircase up to the back bedrooms and bathroom - that the kids will adore!
- Walk out to the back sunroom/yard .
- South facing covered back porch for barbecueing in inclement weather. Includes large shed and access to the yard and parking area .
- 4 large bedrooms all with good closet space, windows and broadloom throughout.
- Access from hall walks-out to the balcony overlooking the front yard.
- 4 piece family bath
- Linen closet
- 2 staircases up to the 2nd floor.
- Open concept 3rd floor bedroom could be the perfect master oasis or kids play room **. Comfortable staircase up. Step out to thebalcony** and enjoy thetranquil tree-top views.
- Full lower level features separate side entrance.
- Ample storage space could be finished for a large open concept recreation room.
- 2 piece bath
- There isworkshop/laundry room for the handy Andy of the house with a built-in work bench. utility room, double storage closets & open area complete this level.
- Dig down and finish as a nanny suite or more living space for a growing family.
Beautiful Roncesvalles Village!
As they say "location location location"! 37Garden Avenue is in a prime spot in the heart of the neighbourhood' east of Sorauren and Roncesvalles Avenue. The proximity of being halfway up Roncesvalles helps to access all of the area amenities! This is a very quiet part of Garden Ave.
The vibrant neighbourhood of Roncesvalles Village is a mix of old world style and modern gentrification. Family-friendly and blessed with excellent transportation routes plus a varied commercial shopping district, this area also boasts parkland & recreational opportunities within walking distance.
Enjoy the tree-lined streets, laneways for kids play, and the mix of ages & diverse backgrounds of the residents that enchant and delight all those who livehere!
Roncesvalles Avenue underwent years of construction to establish a show piece pedestrian/eco friendly boulevard a pioneering example for Toronto for safe TTC access and a thriving green space on a main city street. There is an active residence association working hard with the City to continually enhance the community.
Shopping a plenty! Variety of chic restaurants and gourmet stores rub elbows with traditional Polish delis, coffee shops, professional and personal care services, family businesses, churches & schools.
Stroll to such neighbourhood mainstays as Mitzi's Cafe, Qi Natural Foods, Scooter Girl, Dresser's, Pollocks Home Hardware, as well as Cherry Bomb, Rowe Farm, Custodio's, The Revue Theatre, Phil's ice cream, The Chocolatieria, Mabel's, Hugh's Room and Sobeys (conveniently open till midnight!) and much more!
Easy access to large scale stores near Dundas/Bloor including No Frills, Loblaws, LCBO & Shoppers Drug Mart. Only a few blocks from the refurbished massive St. Joseph's Hospital.
Enjoy the highly touted restaurants like Hopgoods Foodliner, Barque Smokehouse, Ace Restaurant, La Cubana & The Westerley! There is plenty of cool restaurants & shops on Queen West like Local Kitchen within walking distance as well.
Attention families and dog owners! The entrance to the young children's' playground on the south west corner of Sorauren & Wabash is just a couple of blocks away!
Sorauren Park is the neighbourhood gathering spot for kids play, tennis, soccer league, an official enclosed off-leash dog area, the pumpkin patch after Halloween, an outdoor skating rink plus the Wabash Centre & new Town Square. A new community centre is slated to come in as well. Sorauren Park has a popular Monday's farmer's market.
Fans of the great outdoors will appreciate being able to walk to High Park/Grenadier Pond & the 399 acres of public parkland including an outdoor theatre, playgrounds, local zoo picnic grounds, lengthy off-leash areas, flower gardens a historic museum, and plenty of sports options. Easy access to Lake Ontario to cycle, blade, run or walk along the Martin Goodman Trail.
Desirable neighbourhood schools attracts many families with school age children -- Fern Avenue Jr & Sr PS, St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School, Parkdale Collegiate, High Park Alternative Jr. , High Park Gardens Montessori School to name a few.
Go Green! Get downtown in minutes -- easy access to Dundas West or Lansdowne/ TTC Subways on the Bloor-Danforth line. 20 minute walk to GO train station or the new Union Pearson Express train . Streetcars on Roncy via Queen, King or Dundas take you straight downtown.
Get in and out of the city in minutes with easy access to Lakeshore Boulevard West and the Gardiner.
Upgrades & Improvements
- Forced air gas furnace & central air conditioning
- Thermopane windows
Offered at $998,000.