46 Rothsay Avenue | West Toronto - EtobicokeSold
Impressive, detached bungalow set on a large picturesque and sunny lot in the sought after Norseman JMS, Etobicoke Collegiate and Etobicoke School of the Arts catchments!!!
Move-In Ready, Renovated Bungalow!
2 + 1 bedrooms, 2 full baths and beautifully finished lower level suite functions well for extra income potential / mortgage helper! Great space to use recreationally as well, the choice is yours.
Fabulous opportunity for the savvy buyer who is looking to live in and also gain rental income! A popular option these days is torent your space with the popular Airbnb site whether full-time or casually! The Queensway is frequently a site for film production. Those Producers, Directors, Grips and Best Boys need a place to stay!
Extra long private drive parking for 4 cars is an absolute bonus!
Enjoy a magical garden oasis and outdoor living space great for barbecuing and drinks with friends and family! It's also a safe, secure and fun area for your children and pets.
Professionally landscaped both front and back gardens with perennials, shrubs and trees including a beautiful Japanese Maple! When in full bloom the setting is a tranquil retreat for quiet meditation and day dreaming.
Attention urbanites looking for a thriving neighbourhood in which to live, play and put down roots ! Raise your family with peace of mind that every modern amenity is close by as well as excellent schools & arts programs,TTC, major commuter highways, the airport, parks and rec. and the all important Mimico Go station .
Delightful Features Inside!
Contemporary main floor with a chic European design and comfortable layout!
- Slate floors in the front entrance with a double coat closet
- Large, sun-filled open concept living and dining rooms with pristine hardwood floors , crown mouldings and trim
- Gorgeous renovated kitchen with upgraded stainless steel appliances including gas stove, granite countertops, backsplash, pot lights and hardwood floors
- The bar/pass through from the kitchen to the living area is super convenient when entertaining guests
- Elegant master bedroom with floor-to-ceiling built in custom closets, hardwood floors and window facing the pretty backyard
- The 2nd bedroom/den/office has a walk-out to the back patio and beautiful yard
- Luxurious 4 piece expanded bathroom with marble surround
Fully finished lower level suite has no lack of storage space!
- Separate side door entrance
- Good ceiling height
- The lower level foyer has wainscotting, laminate floors and 2 storage closets
- Cozy open concept living/dining room with pot lights, wainscotting and Berber carpet
- Cool kitchen area with a wrap around breakfast bar with built-in storage. Stainless steel fridge and wet bar
- Large bedroom with Berber carpet,a double closet and west-facing window to the backyard
- 3 piece bath with enclosed shower
- Double linen closet off the hallway
- HUGE laundry/storage room
- Utility/extra storage room with built-in shelving
The Queensway Neighbourhood!
Get in while you can! This increasingly popular west-end location is a welcoming and warm community with a strong BIA and excellent schools and convenient access to downtown Toronto and Highways. It's just a 5 minute drive to the Mimico GO Station! There are also numerous scenic parks and recreational opportunities within walking distance.
There is a nice mix of young professionals, families and older retirees, whotake great pride of ownership in their homes and neighbourhoods.
Amazing school district! Many families move to this pocket of the city so their children can attend these excellent schools.The following are just the highlights: Luckylearners are in the very popular Norseman JMS and Etobicoke Collegiate school districts! The highly respected Etobicoke School of the Arts is right around the corner. This is a public art-academic high school where students can major in dance, drama, film, music and theatre and benefit from a very strong academic program.
Also close by is the Karen Kain School of the Arts ; an integrated arts school for grades 6, 7 and 8. That's not all! Catholic Schools include Sainte-Marguerite-d'Youville a very special Catholic and French language school for elementary school aged francophone children. And wow, your children can also attend Bishop Allen Academy Catholic School . There are also other public, catholic and private schools close by.
Hey baby! There are six daycares close by!
- Early Adventures Nursery School & Child Care Centre
- JEI Learning Center
- Munchkinz Preschool Inc
- Tiny Treasure Montessori School & Day Care
- Park Lawn Childcare
- Le Petit Chaperon Rouge Garderie Francophone
A shopping lover's delight!
For the finest of high-end shops and stores just zip over to the renowned Sherway Gardens which is just 10 minutes away. Enjoy dinner and a movie at the Cineplex & VIP theatre, Kelsey's, Milestones & Montana's on the Queensway just a short 5 minute drive away.
This retail district is anchored by the Kipling Queensway Mall which has a Sobey's, Winners, Mandarin restaurant, Swiss Chalet and other outlet stores. There are so many different specialty stores along the Queensway including many well-known restaurants, fast food if you're in the mood and of course thelargest retailer on the Queensway; Costco .
FOODIES, we haven't forgotten you! If you like to dine out there are many options all within walking distance or a very short bike ride or drive: Italian, Polish, Japanese, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Middle-Eastern, and independent restaurants and cafes. Highlights are: the San Remo Bakery, Rocco's Plum Tomato, Spoon and Fork, and Mama Martinos (oh my, their lasagna!!).
You will love the Birds and Beans Cafe !!! Organic, eco-conscious, delicious and friendly with free Wifi. There is also a Starbucks close by if you are so inclined. Have you heard of Via Allegro??!It's an award winning restaurant with a 5000 bottle wine cellar !!!!!! The best Japanese restaurant in Toronto and dare I say all of Ontario is within walking distance. Sushi Kaji is superb and authentic. Enjoy the flawless service and chef-guided tasting menu. It's a truly special experience.
If you love to cook, you are within walking distance to a variety of grocery stores, fruit and vegetable markets, fish shops and butchers. The close-by Kingsway LCBO has everything you'll need for entertaining guests at your lovely garden parties! The Cheese Boutique is an awe-inspiring mecca for cheese and specialty foods and it's just a short drive away. For take-out you'll love the San Remo bakery, Mama Martinos and "The Best Portuguese Chicken" which are all close by. From personal experience we know that Bom Apetite Churrasqueira, is a seriously authentic Portuguese chicken take-out with the best side dishes.
Lots of local recreation! South Humber Park features a mix of open spaces and wooded areas that overlook the Humber Marshes. This park also provides a link with the Martin Goodman Trail which spans Toronto's waterfront and is enjoyed by walkers, joggers, cyclists and in-line skaters.
Queensway Park , located off Avon Park Drive has multiple baseball diamonds, two tennis courts, a hockey rink and a children's playground. Jeff Healy Park is situated next to the Mimico Creek and its lovely nature trails and includes a baseball diamond, a children's playground and two tennis courts.
The following parks and recreation facilities are all within walking distance:
- Jeff Healy Park (Tennis Court and Baseball Field),
- Queensway Park (Baseball Field, Park and Outdoor Hockey Rink),
- Norseman Community Centre and Swimming Pool
- 2 km to Lake Ontario and Bike Paths and Waterfront Trails
Very well served by public transit . Bus service on Royal York Road, the Queensway, and Islington Avenue connect passengers to subway stations on the Bloor-Danforth subway line . The 192 Airport Rocket leaves from Kipling Station. Islington station connects with Mississauga Transit.
Just 20 minutes to downtown Toronto from the Mimico GO station!
Motorists can travel to downtown Toronto's financial and entertainment districts in approximately ten minutes via the Gardiner Expressway. For commuters heading west of the city the QEW can be immediately accessed off Islington Avenue.
Upgrades & Improvements
- New furnace (high efficiency)
- Hot water tank (50 gal gas owned)
- Renovated kitchen (gas stove, granite counters, custom cabinets)
- Renovated bathroom (marble floors/walls, glass swing shower door)
- Hardwood flooring (hand etched oak)
- New double hung thermopane windows
- Replaced washer/dryer with front loading units
- Landscaping (perennials, trees and shrubs)
Offered at $849,000.