53 Fifth Street | Toronto - New Toronto/Mimico
Lakeshore Village Beach Charm!
Thoughtfully renovated detached 3 bedroom home with quality craftsmanship and efficient use of space.
Bright 1.5 storey detached of almost 1400 s.f. of living space highlighted by stunning kitchen and bathrooms, Jatoba hardwood floors, extensive custom mill work plus unfinished lower level of 569 s.f.
Live by the Lake on one of the prettiest & friendliest streets with park and Lake just steps away!
Lakeshore Village Beach Charm!
- Live by the Lake on one of the prettiest streets in desirable Lakeshore Village, steps from protected lakefront parkland & city conveniences.
- Thoughtfully renovated detached 3 bedroom home with quality craftsmanship and efficient use of space.
- Ideal for those looking to move right in to enjoy an active waterfront lifestyle , near cool shops & cafes.
- Bright 1.5 storey detached of almost 1400 s.f. of living space highlighted by stunning kitchen and bathrooms, hardwood floors, built-in cabinetry plus unfinished lower level of 569 s.f.
- Landscaped generous front and rear yards. Rare legal front parking pad .
- Friendly street with wonderful mixture of young families, older people and singles. Nearby popular, highly regarded schools and daycares.
- Public transit - enjoy streetcar on Lakeshore Blvd 15 mins to downtown, bus to Islington subway or Mimico Go plus easy commute to downtown or airport by car.
- Exceptional combination of location, price & high end upgrades offers uncommon value for the perceptive buyer.
Cheerful + Casual Location!
- Located in prime New Toronto neighbourhood of Lakeshore Village - you are less than a block to the lake , and South of Morrison (which is south of Lakeshore!), East of Islington, in charming enclave of established homes.
- Enjoy the stunning views of the lake backlit by the downtown skyline from nearby Prince of Wales Park , and play with your dog at Cliff Lumsden Park .
- Fitness enthusiast can run, bike or blade for miles along the Martin Goodman Trail. Hockey fans can use and enjoy the fabulous remodelled Lakeshore Lions Arena.
- Lakeshore Village is an interesting mix of waterfront parks, marina, local shops, restaurants, art shows & performances at the Assembly Hall.
- There is easy access to local shopping, big box stores on the Queensway or Sherway Gardens .
- On the Lakeshore enjoy coffee at The Big Guy's Little Coffee Shop, indulge in chocolate at Sweet Olenka's or have lunch at the Falafel Royal. Work out at Mind and Body, Take Thirty, Brave Body Pilates or the Rhythmic Rainbow Studio.
- Neighbourhood schools and daycares are well regarded and range from a cooperative preschool overlooking the lake, catholic high school to the beautiful Humber College Campus of U of T.
- Go green - available TTC and public transit routes connect via Lakeshore streetcar 15 mins to downtown or the Mimico Go Station, or bus to Islington subway station. Alternatively bike downtown and around the neighbourhood via the Waterfront Trail.
- For expediency when driving it is a quick trip downtown or to Hwy 427, the Gardiner, the QEW and the Airport.
Completely Captivating ...
- 53 Fifth Street combines classic character with custom updates & modern amenities. Extensively renovated with loving detail by the owners for their own use.
- Entertainer's dream detached brick home with addition includes with 3 bedrooms, skylights, large chef's kitchen, 2 chic baths plus upstairs master bedroom retreat.
- Enter through the traditional beachy enclosed sunny front porch - ideal in warmer months as a sunroom, and winter a convenient mudroom for hats and boots and coats.
- Living room is prewired for home theatre system, and highlighted by warm Jatoba hardwood flooring, halogen pot lights & casement windows.
- Open concept Kitchen/dining area includes the spacious dining room - absolutely made for entertaining and hanging out! Features include maple wainscoting, Jatoba hardwood flooring, halogen pot lights plus lovely French door walkout to deck and garden.
- Generous chef's kitchen was fully renovated in 2005 with halogen pot lights, custom maple cabinets for abundant storage, granite counters, backsplash & floor, stainless steel appliances: Kitchen-Aid range hood with built-in microwave, Kitchen-Aid Pro Line stainless steel refrigerator, convection range & dishwasher.
- Thoughtful extras include undermounted sink with Hansgrohe faucet, under counter halogen lighting. Granite breakfast bar with 2 cubbies overlooks dining room.
- Walk out to the deck & oversized landscaped garden with 3 flourishing Japanese maples. Space for barbecuing & outdoor parties.
- Oversized main floor 3 pce bath was completely reno'd in 2001 with custom oak cabinets & linen closet, granite countertop and floor, halogen potlights.
- Two main floor bedrooms offer Jatoba hardwood flooring, casement windows, custom solid oak doors, closets with custom oak & mirrored doors & halogen potlights.
- Extensive upgrades offer all potlights controlled with dimmer switches, heating system controlled by programmable thermostat. Jatoba hardwood flooring is a beautiful Brazilian cherrywood. The custom millwork is found throughout including floor to ceiling built-in oak hall closet , cunning oak cabinet at top of landing, matching Jatoba flush mounted floor grills.
- Second floor master bedroom opens into huge, bright airy loft with 2 skylights, west facing window, new broadloom & halogen lights. Closet offers custom oak & mirror door.
- Ensuite 4 pce bath was remodelled in 2002 with new fixtures, casement window overlooking back garden, halogen lights, custom solid oak door plus custom oak cabinets with clever, endless storage.
- Unfinished Lower level is a good height, with space for rec room, storage and washer & dryer hookups.
- $$ Mechanical improvements: updated plumbing, electrical, owned gas hot water tank, Carrier Hi-Efficiency forced air gas furnace '01, Carrier central air conditioning '00, electronic air cleaner, dehumidifier. Roof was stripped to the wood and reshingled in 1996. Double glazed windows with screens.
- Rare legalized front pad parking.
- Incredible location, flair and price create superb value in this outstanding Lakeshore Village home.
Offered at $419,000.
Schools available for residents of 53 Fifth Street
Check for your house number!
|Former Municipality||Street Name||Street Number Range||Elementary||Intermediate||Secondary||Technical Programs||Commercial Programs|
|Etobicoke||Fifth St||3-131||Seventh Street JS||Second Street JMS||Lakeshore CI|
|Etobicoke||Fifth St||132-188||Second Street JMS||Second Street JMS||Lakeshore CI|
|Toronto||Fifth St||All Numbers||Island Public Natural Science School||The Waterfront School||Jarvis CI||Central Technical School||Central Commerce CI */ Northern SS|