56 Armadale Avenue | West Toronto - SwanseaSoldApril 2014
Welcome to 56 Armadale Avenue - One of the best streets in a Prime Swansea
Enclave! A truly one-of-a kind neighbourhood surrounded by beautiful mature trees
and magnificent properties. Tudor Style, detached, 2-storey home set on the sunny side of the street!
Superior, west-fronting 33’ wide lot. Superb main floor boasts large principal rooms and an excellent flow for
lifestyle/entertaining! Desirable mix of original character, charm and modern amenities
Classic Family Home!
Welcome to 56 Armadale Avenue - One of the best streets in a Prime Swansea Enclave! A truly one-of-a kind neighbourhood surrounded by beautiful mature trees and magnificent properties.
Tudor Style, Detached, 2-storey home set on the sunny side of the street! Superior, west-fronting 33' wide lot.
Superb main floor boasts large principal rooms and an excellent flow for lifestyle/entertaining! Desirable mix of original character, charm and modern amenities
- Gorgeous woodwork throughout
- Elegant wood-burning fireplace
- Main floor breakfast and sunroom
- Historically significant leaded glass windows
- New wiring throughout
- Re-finished, rich dark hardwood floors throughout the main & 2nd floor
3 bedrooms, 2 full baths , lovely finished lower level with separate side door entrance and ample closet/storage space on all levels.
Built-in 1 car garage and private drive - parking for 2 cars!
For entertaining in the spring & summer months -- take pleasure in the very private fenced back garden and deck with built-in seating
Quiet, family-friendly neighbourhood! Steps from Swansea Jr & Sr. School, Swansea Community Centre & Town Hall, The Cheese Boutique and the best shops & restaurants of Bloor West Village. Rennie Park is around the corner and there is easy access to the paths along the Humber, High Park and the Lake. Just a quick stroll to the subway!
With a WalkScore of 97/100 the world is your oyster to discover on foot!
Sought After High Park/Swansea Village!
The best of both worlds! The only Toronto neighbourhood having a lake, a river and a pond as its natural boundaries -- a one of a kind community in which to live and raise your family!
Swansea's hilly terrain, winding roads and many mature trees accentuate the storybook houses that line the residential streets of this neighbourhood.
Swansea Jr. & Sr. Public School & Humberside Collegiate are a big draw for families -- with its legendary reputation (celebrating its 123rd year) & indoor pool, Humberside is committed to academics, the arts, 2nd languages, sports & technology.
Shopping really could not get any better here! Walk to all the fabulous specialty shops, green grocers, European delis/bakeries and fantastic restaurants in Bloor West Village. Do all your grocery shopping at Bloor West Meat Market, Snapper's Fish Market and the famous Cheese Boutique in Swansea.
Well served by public transit system -- walk to Runnymede or Jane subway stations on the Bloor-Danforth subway line.
Motorists enjoy the convenience of being located only minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway & Lake Shore Blvd West.
Residents love their neighbourhood jewel - Rennie Park --There are 4 tennis courts, a baseball diamond, a skating rink, playing fields and a wading pool. It's also ideal for dog walks!
High Park & Grenadier Pond feature a full day of recreational activities including fishing, theatre performances, train rides, a zoo, historical exhibits, a restaurant, farmer's market, a myriad of fitness opportunities & off-leash dog walks. Easy access to Lake Ontario & The Martin Goodman Trail, as well as the Humber River paths.
With all the amenities it has to offer, Swansea has great community spirit!
Solid brick home with pretty curb appeal! As you step into the front foyer there is a front-hall closet and charming leaded glass windows.
Main Floor ~ 770 sq ft
- The grand living room has a wood-burning fireplace with elegant mantle, double French doors with etched glass, immaculate hardwood floors and large, front-facing leaded glass windows . A wonderful environment in which to host all your large family gatherings & holiday parties!
- Pretty, formal dining room with wainscoting and hardwood floors in pristine condition. Windows overlooking the back sunroom fill the room with lots of natural light. Classic swing-door into the kitchen allows for ease of catering all your dinner parties.
- Spacious, white kitchen has plenty of cupboard and counter space and a light- filled breakfast room.
- Enjoy Sunday brunch in the breakfast room overlooking the back deck/patio with a step-down to the sunroom.
- Drenched with light overlooking the serenity of the back garden the sunroom/den could be used as a home office nicely tucked away from the rest of the house. Cool exposed brick wall, wall of windows and a walk-out to the back deck and garden.
Second Floor ~ 700 sq ft
- Impressive master retreat! A very spacious room with hardwood floors and leaded glass windows. Large, walk-in closet has built-in organizers.
- Well-proportioned 2^nd^ bedroom! Large walk-in closet with built-ins, hardwood floors and picture windows facing the back garden.
- Pretty 3^rd^ bedroom overlooking the back garden. Closet & hardwood floors
- 4 piece bright family bath! Deep soaker tub and vintage, black and white tile.
- Built-in linen closet
Lower Level ~ 630 sq ft
- Finished lower level with high ceilings and separate entrance.
- Open family recreation room has new broadloom throughout
- Additional open area is an ideal spot for a 2nd office area
- 3 piece bath with enclosed shower
- Huge laundry room with freshly painted floors, deep sink and lots of cabinets and shelving
- Large under-stair storage closet
- Utility room
Upgrades & Improvements!
- ~ New electrical (no knob & tube)
- ~ Re-finished the hardwood floors on both the main and 2nd floor
- ~ Freshly painted entire house
- ~ New broadloom in lower level
- ~ 2 new, European style flat radiators in master bedroom
- ~ Copy of new survey report
- ~ New front railing
- ~New drywall ceilings in living room, front entrance and lower level.
- ~Furnace cleaned and inspected
Offered at $869,900.