570 Runnymede Road | West Toronto - Bloor West VillageSold
Gorgeous & Spacious Detached Nestled Between Bloor West Village & The Junction
A lasting impression inside and out! This fabulous 2 storey, 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home mixes modern amenities with old-world charm, and is ready for a new family! Solid mechanicals - the house was extensively renovated in the 1990s. Check out the ideal oversized open concept main floor with a rare main floor powder room and additional "great room", with space for a piano.
The extra-deep almost 150-foot lot provides privacy and plenty of outdoor space that we all crave these days.
Julie's Top Reasons You Will Love This house!
- Walk everywhere - so many amenities at your doorstep
- The pretty exterior facade and landscaping boast great curb appeal. Elevated from the road for extra privacy & quiet
- Keep an eye on the kids in the super spacious open concept main floor
- Rare main floor powder room
- Renovated kitchen with den/sitting area
- Entertain on the 200 square feet party deck, play basketball or garden to your heart's content!
- 3 bedrooms
- 2.5 baths
- Separate side entrance to the professionally finished basement. Could have an extra bedroom/nanny suite. Convenient for bringing in groceries too!
- Detached garage via a lane and up to 3 car parking, which is a big bonus in the area
- Awesome wide laneway for learning to ride a bike / play hockey or walk the dog!
570 Runnymede Road qualifies for building a laneway house = extra income!
This quiet family-friendly neighbourhood is just priceless where neighbours really look out for one another. Walk to Runnymede station, the best restaurants and shops of The Junction & Bloor West Village, plus the cute Annette Street independent shops. Good school district!
Incredible Open Concept Main Floor Plan
- Double door entry for safety and insulation.
- Tiled front entry for easy cleanup. Double coat closet. Very quiet inside.
- Entertain and enjoy plenty of space for your family in the open living/dining room with beautiful hardwood floors. Tons of space to accommodate large sectionals and plus a piano.
- Convenient 2 piece powder room.
- Family sized updated kitchen includes: Stainless steel appliances, gas range, and exposed brick backsplash.
- The main floor den/breakfast room overlooking the kitchen is flooded with natural light from the skylight.
- Walk-out to the large (200sf) west facing back deck and take in a deep breath and enjoy the serenity of the extra deep fully fenced in yard. Plenty of afternoon light. Very private, with no neighbours to the south.
- Whether you like gardening, barbecuing or kicking the ball around with the kids, or need space for a basketball net, having this extension of living space is a true bonus these days.
- Garage off laneway for parking car plus plenty of storage for bikes and gardening gear.
- There is also a front private drive along the south side that the owners use for parking for up to 3 more cars. Extremely rare in this neighbourhood. Convenient for family or friends visiting or staying over.
3 Large Bedrooms on the Second Floor
- King-sized master bedroom facing the front yard includes a walk-in closet.
- Large 2nd bedroom overlooking the backyard has a double closet with sliding doors.
- The 3rd bedroom identical in size as the 2nd bedroom offers another walk-in closet!
- Renovated 3 piece family bathroom with shower stall.
- Charming trim and hardwood floors throughout with a linen closet in the hallway.
Professionally Finished Lower Level with Separate Side Entrance
- Expansive recreation room offers plenty of space for the family to watch movies plus space separate playroom or office area. Could convert to nanny suite or ideal for older kids bedroom/retreat.
- Pine floors and a wall of closets.
- 4 piece renovated bath is super convenient for a growing family.
- Laundry area with sink.
- Under-stair storage perfect for storing your luggage.
- Furnace/large storage room with built-in shelving for storing your holiday decor.
West End Neighbourhoods of the Junction & Bloor West Village = Location! Location! Location!
This is a family-friendly tree-lined street with numerous amazing neighbours and many children. It creates a warm community feel!
Located in a beautiful pocket of homes south of St. John's Road and north of Annette, ever so convenient.
Walking is the way to go here...to visit friends, for shops, schools, parks, TTC, cafes & restaurants!
- The Dundas West strip of the Junction is loaded with independently owned shops, funky cafes, and restaurants (many with outdoor patios)! So many of the local faves have really adapted to these new times, and are offering all kinds of delicious take-out. Coast, at Dundas and St Johns, and Indilcious, at Dundas & Runnymede to name but a few. You'll be looked after well when shopping at The Sweet Potato and be thankful for the low prices of No Frills. Check out the popular weekly farmer's market that runs from May to October. Find convenient big box stores up on St Clair.
- Also nearby to 570 Runnymede is an LCBO, a Shoppers Drug Mart, a FreshCo and Caldense Bakery.
- Bloor West Village features many specialty shops, fruit markets, European delis/bakeries and delicious restaurants.
- Annette Street, especially around Runnymede and also around Jane has many independent cafes, restaurants doing take-out and quite a few specialty shops and grocers.
Lush Parks & green space nearby - including neighbourhood parks like Maher, Beresford Dog Park, & Ravina Gardens. The Humber River paths & Magwood Park, High Park & Grenadier Pond are both a 5-10 minute bike ride away. Easy access to Lake Ontario & The Martin Goodman Trail.
Popular school district! Humbercrest P.S. with French Immersion, King George Jr. P.S., St Cecilia Catholic School and Runnymede Collegiate or Wester Tech. High Park alternative and many Catholic, French & specialty schools all in the 'hood.
For Humberside Collegiate Institute: "Admission to our French Program (Immersion and Extended) is guaranteed to those students proceeding to Humberside C.I. through the TDSB French program pathway and is not based on where they live. Admission is closed to all other French Immersion and Extended students not from this designated pathway regardless of where they reside."
Commuting to and from downtown could not be easier. Walk to Runnymede Station to get across the city on the Bloor-Danforth line, which connects passengers to Dundas subway station (home of the GO train and UP Express to Pearson). There are also convenient bus lines along Dundas Street West, Annette & Runnymede.
Motorists can be downtown or the Airport in short order. Only minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway, QEW, 427 and the 401!
Upgrades & Improvements
2019 Replaced roof on garage, Front steps were redone
2018 Entire house repainted including exterior and interior
2013 Replaced roof on house
2004 Replaced furnace
Schools available for residents of 570 Runnymede Road
Check for your house number!
|Former Municipality||Street Name||Street Number Range||Elementary||Intermediate||Secondary||Technological Programming||Commercial School|
|Toronto||Runnymede Rd||508-650(Even)||King George Jr PS||Humbercrest PS||Runnymede CI||Western Tech||Western Tech|
|Toronto||Runnymede Rd||519-685(Odd)||King George Jr PS||Humbercrest PS||Runnymede CI||Western Tech||Western Tech|