SALES STATS AND FOR RESTAURANT REVIEW ENTRY FORM
Inviting and upgraded 2-storey, 3+1 bedroom, 2-bathroom, light-filled rowhouse located on a premium street in the sought after Junction Neighbourhood.
Attention Singles/Couples - Live in a cool, funky, loft-style, 2 storey owner's suite with extra income on 2nd floor! Surprisingly quiet. Entertain in style indoors or in the fabulous rear courtyard.
Superb location! Inviting & upgraded 2 storey, 3 +1 bedroom Edwardian family home located on a premium street in one of Toronto’s most coveted west end neighbourhoods. This pretty tree-lined winding street is magical environment to raise your family! There is a friendly community spirit with many long time owners.
As cute as a button on the outside as it is inside, a story book setting right out of Coronation Street! This stylish and fully renovated end of row freehold 1900’s home is located in the trendy and sought after Junction neighbourhood - nearby Keele & Dundas, offering superb shopping, transit and renowned schools!
Stylish 2.5 storey, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, with parking in ideal location walking distance to transit, great shopping, parks and restaurants! Real opportunity for a growing family!
Victorian semi-detached boasts a large addition off the back. Complete with 3 separate apartments, each with their own entrance. Sought after west-end location with friendly neighbours, steps to transit, schools, parks, fabulous shops, cafes, restaurants & markets.
Happy Client Testimonials
About the Neighbourhood:
The Junction Commons project has now received Trillium Foundation funding to convert the old 11th division police building at 209 Mavety Street (the little street running between Annette and Dundas, one block east of Keele) in the Junction to some sort of community centre (think Wychwood Barns). They are holding public consultations to see what uses the building should consider. They have both an easy and quick online
The Village of West Toronto Junction was founded in 1884 at the intersection of Dundas and Keele Streets. In 1889, it merged with the nearby villages of Carlton and Davenport to the north-east to become the Town of West Toronto Junction. It grew further, into the Town of Toronto Junction in 1892, then the City of West Toronto in 1908 before it was amalgamated with the City of Toronto one year later in 1909.
The Junction was prone to booms and busts during its tumultuous history; while the period between 1888 and 1890 was a prosperous one, the period between 1893 and 1900 saw significant poverty in the area due to an economic recession. The Long Depression saw the closing of factories and the end to construction in the area, and the municipality could not support its citizens because of a large civic debt.
Pubs and taverns became permanent fixtures in The Junction, as was the case with many railway and factory workers' towns. By 1904, the behaviour of the Junction workers was so out of hand, leading the residents to vote for banning the sale of alcohol until 1998. It was a long and tough fight lead by Vesuvio Pizzeria to regain the right to again serve alcohol in the area and it wasn't until 2000 that the first drink was poured east of Keele Street at Shox's. This is credited by many as the beginning of the revitalization of the Junction.
The area between Keele, Runnymede Road, St. Clair, and the CP railway lines, was for many decades the location of the Ontario Stockyards. For a time, this was Canada's largest livestock market and the centre of Ontario's meat packing industry, and reinforced Toronto's nickname as Hogtown. The Ontario Stockyards closed at this site in 1993 (moving to Cookstown, much further north of the city), and most of the meat-packing plants that surrounded it closed shortly thereafter. Much of the lands has been redeveloped with new housing and retail uses. The main Stockyards site is now the location of a large bloc of big-box stores, including Metro, Canadian Tire, Future Shop and Rona, along with several smaller stores. There are still some smaller meat-packing facilities in the area and the name "Stockyards" is still used for the area.
The elimination of prohibition has had a positive effect on the community, however. Rapid gentrification has meant new chic restaurants and bars have opened up along Dundas Street, attracting young hipsters, while lower rents make the neighbourhood appealing to artists. Some see The Junction as the next big "hip place to live" with a surplus of vacated industrial space and warehouse loft conversion possibilities.
In 2009 the West Toronto RailPath opened, providing a direct link for pedestrians and cyclists from The Junction to the Dundas and Lansdowne area. There are plans to eventually extend the path further south to the neighbourhood.
West Toronto Junction has some of the finest architecture in Toronto. The winding tree-lined streets north of Annette Street feature rich red brick Victorian houses on generous size lots that boast decorative features such as roof top turrets, whimsical front porches and glamorous archways. There are some fine examples of Queen Anne and Arts and Crafts style house in this part of the neighbourhood.
Closer to Dundas Street the houses are Victorian in style but much smaller and much less descriptive. The lots at the north-end of the neighbourhood are also narrower. You will find a that a fair number of the larger houses particularly on the main streets have apartments with two or more units which help pay for the upkeep and property taxes.
Map of The Junction